Nor-Cal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA!!!
What LFS (local fish store) do you go to?
Im from the Hayward/Castro Valley area

Yeah, aquarium concepts used to be in Hayward. So sad when they moves. Have you tried Connie's in Castro Valley? I dont really reccomend the fish there but the equipment.

Yeah, i forgot about connies. Thats where I got my grow light which was expensive but plant lights usually are! they where also very nice about exchanging a light i got there for one of my work tanks(my work keeps local coldwater marsh animals). I've never gotten fish there though so can't speak to there quality.

I'm in San Jose. Shark city baby!

I don't know any non-chain LFS's - I've only been to Petco, as it's down the street.

I'm in San Jose. Shark city baby!

I don't know any non-chain LFS's - I've only been to Petco, as it's down the street.

I am in San Jose as well and have been checking out some of the LFS here determining who I will be getting most of my business. So far I am the most impressed and happiest with The Aquarium Showroom Welcome to The Aquarium Showroom. They have pretty good review on Yelp as well http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-aquarium-showroom-san-jose#hrid:sc8LTVTogIKUywJxZeSBhw.

nor cal

san leandro
i go to the great bay aquarium in san leandro on hesparian.small place but the fish are great,tanks a clean

I am in San Jose as well and have been checking out some of the LFS here determining who I will be getting most of my business. So far I am the most impressed and happiest with The Aquarium Showroom Welcome to The Aquarium Showroom.

Also in San Jose

Better results, after moving on from Aquarium Showroom, with Bangkok Aquarium on Bascom, and Dolphin Pet Village on Campbell Ave. Bad advice wastes $$$ and kills fish. I'd rather stick with those who know freshwater tanks.

Also in San Jose
Better results, after moving on from Aquarium Showroom, with Bangkok Aquarium on Bascom, and Dolphin Pet Village on Campbell Ave. Bad advice wastes $$$ and kills fish. I'd rather stick with those who know freshwater tanks.

Not everyone can be all things to all people. They have saved me a small fortune and always take the time to explain things to me. Plus I LOVE the beautiful sweetheart of a mastif he brings in most days.

I think I will check out the two you list as well. I never put all my eggs in one basket but I do usually keep a primary, secondary list.

I'm in San Ramon-- SF East Bay

I normally go to Aquarium Concepts. Ken will match any equipment pricing you can find on the internet, excluding Ebay. For corals, a guy told me about Aquatic Gallery in Milpitas. They have a sweet selection of corals, and great prices on clams. They have a wide variety of frags that are 4 for $40.

I am in San Francisco, too. If anyone is looking or a resource for freshwater fish and plants.....try Ocean Aquarium. I LOVE that place!
Also Pet Central on broadway for eqiupment and foods...not so much for fish.

Ive been meaning to go to Pet central! i Keep hearing good things about it. Ocean Aquarium is a little too cramped for my taste.

Further north than you guys... Ever hear of Chico? Well im in oroville which is right next to it.

I'm in Roseville!! Haven't made it down to the Sac fish stores. I used to go to petland but they shut it down cuz if the puppy mills but they had a nice aquarium set up. Now I just go to petsmart. Stay away from the petco in rocklin. Everything I've bought there died within a day. Plants, fish and if the gravel could die it would be dead to!!

Back
Top Bottom