OC Club Searching!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loui Atomic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey!

I've been really interested in finding a club in the OC area. I live in Costa Mesa, CA and do not have or own a car, but am will to travel around OC to join a club.

I have been pursuing the saltwater aquarist hobby for almost a decade now, but only on in CA for shy of four years. Unfortunately around Costa Mesa, i've only found one LFS (Pacific Reef near Brookhurst and Adams) that i've felt comfortable enough with their cleanliness and advice. but they just closed. I have been an amateur hobbyist for way too long, and have sadly lost a lot of money and coral through trial and failure on a very small budget. I have finally obtained a steady paying job and want to push my interests into a serious, attentive and successful hobby!

Reef-a-palooza taught me months of knowledge just talking with enthusiastic vendors that shared the passion for a well maintained reef system. Now that the expo is over, I am re-filled with confidence and want to share and learn with other people.

I've had several tanks (30 g, 20g, 10g, and now a 6 g), most being a poor man's money hole and bad advice from LFS. Lucky for me, i was so desperate that i bought a few books and studied the relationships of ecosystems in the natural marine environment and in the enthusiasts' home. Realizing my naive mistakes, i am striving to ask questions with like minding people (none that i know of) in order to take my finally successful 6 g nano, to my dream of a 60 reef utopia.

Please advise if there are any local clubs in OC that meet up to chew the fat every now and then. I want to plan out this timely investment the right way...

Thanks,
Loui Atomic

Reef-A-Palooza is put on by SCMAS. We are the local OC reef club.

SCMAS Member benefits:
Participation at wholesale events. Save hundreds
Free entry to Reef-A-Palooza $20 dollar value!
Discounted Christmas party dinner active members. Save $50.00-100.00.
Monthly live goods and dry goods raffle.
Members only Raffle at each meeting.
Networking with expert hobbyists.
10% off at participating stores.

[SIZE=+0]When: 3rd. Friday of every month From[/SIZE] 7:-10pm[SIZE=+0]
Where: IHOP, 1001 E 17th St, Santa Ana CA 92701-2546

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]SCMAS meetings are open to members and non-members as well!
We would love to have you join us.
[/SIZE]

BTW, we do not have our regular meetings in October and December.

Back
Top Bottom