Orange County 50-Gallon + Two 12" Oscars For Good Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyAquarium

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings All -

I have a 50-gallon freshwater tank with an Emperor 280 Filter, 300 watt thermometer, hood and stand, and two very healthy 2 year old 12" Oscars.

I have had this tank for two years and now we are moving. I cannot take this setup with me and must sell/give-it-away. Of paramount concern is the health and well-being of the Oscars. I would rather give the whole thing to somebody who will continue to take excellent care of them than sell it on Ebay to somebody who could toss the fish.

These Oscars have been eating Cichlid food almost exclusively, with rare instances of live feeders (last time was probably 6 months ago). They have never had any diseases and are friendly. They are the only two things in the tank and there have never been any other fish with them.

Probably both males or both females. No mating or offspring that I have noticed.

I am waiting to get on the local aquarium forum to try and have somebody take these fish. I haven't dealt with any petstores or fish stores until I have to.

Just thought I'd throw this out to the forum and see if I can get any responses or advice. There is no way I can take the tank with me. We are moving to a much smaller place and there is simply no room.

Thank you.

Tommy

hey!
*jumps up and down waving arms high in air
I would love to have it!! I am kind of a beginner (tho I had aquariums when I was younger) so you might not trust me with them. I do have a degree in Biology and am a former Chemist, so I am very good with water chemistry and taking care of things though.
I only have a 10gal FW at home and just set up a 65gal SW at work.
My nephew was supposed to give me his 55 gal as he is moving too and he went and sold it to someone else, so this would be great!

If I am not a good candidate, I have a friend who has 3-4 aquariums and wanted to set up his empty one with Oscars or Cichlids, so that might work..... I can ask him tomorrow. He is much more experienced than I, and in fct was the one that gave me the 10gal and got me all excited about this again.

Anyways, I will PM you with my contact info and where I am located -- if this is still even available! :)

Back
Top Bottom