reputable fish stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok.. I'm really looking for some liverock from a reputable store because I'm doing a 12g nano tank... unfortunately I know of nowhere in orange county besides a few pet stores down the street.. one right now is being boycotted due to their sale of "painted fish" and the other jeff's exotic fish (or something to that name on tustin in orange) but they seem to be too pricey and don't really have much of a selection in liverock..

so the question is: what is a good reputable store in orange county (close to orange / santa ana / tustin) that sells liverock and invertebrates and actually has correct labels on things (unlike some stores here in san bernardino)

Have you tried Petown? They are over in El Toro, their rock is usually pretty good, we've gotten some there before, they are really on top of their rock too been there twice where they have cleaned the tank, the move it into different tanks after it's be cured a while. They are in El Toro off of Lake Forest off the 5 fwy.

Also Marine Depot sells rock too they are in Anaheim, I know you can order stuff from them and pick it up. :)

hrm.. i'll def. check them out next week when i get this thing started..

as for marine depot looks like i might have a new place to order from.. big als takes too long to get here

as for marine depot looks like i might have a new place to order from
Side note: they only will call Dry Goods. their Livestock is warehoused in Los Angeles. Will calls til 5:00 Tues-Fri only. They are on Gene Autry way accross from Anaheim Stadium. They do have some pretty good deals. Worth the drive especially on the heavier items. :wink:

what about Tong's in the Fountain Valley area? they're excellent, but occasionally pricey... you should be able to get some good rock though.

they're excellent
Have nice frags for $5-$10 as well. there is also Pacific reef on Broohurst and Ellis. 1 mi. from Tong's. I usually do them both on the same outing.

tongs is pretty nice. they have a little of everything. and ALOT of somethings...lol definately a place to check out if you are interested in fishtanks.

pacific reef is pretty nce as well, but about half the size of tongs.

hrm, another place i have found is oceanproaquatics.com

its not really a "retail" store per se... they are mostly whole sale, and located in chino, but will allow you to pick up any of your orders...

i bought some liverock about a month back for $2.10 a lb... it was covered in coraline, sponges and the such..

You should definitely try Pacific Reef. The owners are great and really take excellent care of their livestock. I personally don't like tongs because of how big they've gotten.

Last time I was their, I stood around for a good 30 minutes before someone helped me and that was after I tracked someone down. :D

Last time I was their, I stood around for a good 30 minutes before someone helped me and that was after I tracked someone down.
Agreed.......I just go there for the frags.

I needed a small fan for my PC fixture, and Pacific Reef special orddered and called me when in. very nice customer service. :wink:
i bought some liverock about a month back for $2.10 a lb... it was covered in coraline, sponges and the such
I ordered some 6 mos. ago as well, nice rock. Living in So cal. I had it shipped second day but got it in one. I only did this based on their advice.

Back
Top Bottom