Sacramento Aquarists (Northern Cali)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Idealconcepts

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hellos from Sacramento Cali. I'm new to the Aquarium hobby, about 2 months new, and wanted to see if there are others from the Sacramento Area on here. I've been to most of the LFS in Sac: Capitol Aq., Exotic Aq, and O Street Aq. (They have the cleanest tanks I have seen anywhere). Can anyone suggest any others that I might not know of?

Thank......... :D

Hey, try AquaWorld in Carmichael - that is a pretty good store if you want to try somewhere different... Its on Madison Ave, I guess the intersection is Dewey Ave.

Thanks Bioworldmaker, I finally got to check that place out a couple times within the last month. Very nice clean tanks.

The only new ones here are Lee's and Aqua Life Both great stores. If you come at the right time you get to see them feed the sharks in the 1000 gallon shark/moray tank in AquaLife.
Lee's Feed and Western Store
4110 Mother Lode Drive
Shingle Springs, CA 95682
www.leesfeed.com
Lees has the best prices around here for freshwater fish and most other stuff.

AquaWorld Aquarium
www.aquaworldaquarium.com
6630 Madison Ave. Suite A
Carmichael, CA
Aquaworld has good stuff and tons of livebearers, discus, angels and other cichlids they breed themselves. also have lots of other good stuff. Tell them Ben Driscoll sent you (young kid who asks too many ?'s).

Exotic Aquarium
4510 Florin Rd
Sacramento, CA 95823
www.exotic-aquarium.comExotic's stuff is great, It is the only place to find a lot of the oddballs, as well as great prices.

AquaLife Aquarium
4235 Pacific Street Suite B, Rocklin, CA 95677
www.aqualifeaquarium.com/
AquaLife has a ton of corals, and is where i get my SW inverts, they have all sorts. Plus i get 20% off cuz of my aquarium society.

Capitol Aquarium
1920 29th Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
http://www.capitolaquarium.com/
This Place is HUGE! They even have fields trips to this place. It is about half the size of a PETCO and all fish.

"O" Street Aquarium
3000 "O" Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
http://ostreetaquarium.com/This is rather small, but they have great fish and they are as healthy as possible. The advice is great too.

fishstixs05 - Thanks, I have hit most of those places but now there are few more I can visit.

you knwo i bought 4 fish from exotic, and 1 died, got him replaced, and he died, then another died.... my water was good. they wouldnt eat, and went belly up. but the fish from captiol are always in excellent condition!! and petco in elk grove pissed me off, selling me purple waffle, then i saw exotic had purple waffle for sale to!!!! so i definatly dont shop at those stores antymore!!! capitol is my favorite.

Thanks thetmaxx, and I agree about Exotics fish aren't always the best of health. I did buy my baby silver Arowana and Australian and few other fish that ended up surviving. My Favorite is O-Street, walking distance from Capitol, their tanks are super clean and fish always look health. Only problem I had with them is I got a Green Texas that developed a mouth disorder and I ended up putting the fish to sleep.

i've always wanted to go there, my friend has been. but living in elk grove sac can be quite a drive especially with i-5 traffic!!! :x but i will make it there eventually to check it out.

thanks for the list, Ben! Ive been searching for a decent place to buy plants besides Capitol ^_~

Ooh.. I live in El Dorado Hills too. Its such a small world. Do you go to ORHS (if youre ok with me asking)?

Wow. I've been in Sac about a year and a half, and I didn't know there were so many places. I've been to O Street Aquarium and Capitol Aquarium, and that's it. I'll have to check those other places out, too. I'm still cycling my tank at the moment, so it's nice to visit as many stores as possible to see what they are stocking so I can get some ideas.

Exotic Aquarium has reopened in a new location. I will post more details once i get the exact address. supposedly its pretty big.

capital has lost my business after trying to charge me $8 for 3 neon tetras..

There is a new store 10k sq. feet off of power inn rd. It's owned by the O st. guys. O st disappointed me when I went in there this past weekend. There were multiple tanks with dead fish in them. They also had Amano shrimp labeled incorrectly. O st used to be a pretty good place, but like all good things the quality seem to be coming to a end. Maybe they are investing all of their time in to the new store.

There is also a new store in the Howe Bout Arden shopping center, I have only been in it once so I can't comment much on it. Seemed a bit more "retail" to me than the corner fish store though.

Kinda sad that this section is dead.. I know there has to be more Californians on AA

Back
Top Bottom