Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh View Post
Hey it's been a few days and my attempt to join still unanswered, thanks
PM me with your name and your email. I'll send it on to whoever is in charge of membership.

Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did you get a reply to your application ??

Old 02-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coursair View Post
His name is Leon. Very knowledgable. I used to work at the Vivarium for a short time.

Neptunes in Milpitas is one of my favorites. They host our Meets on occasion and often give us discounts.

AquaForest in SF hosts our meets also. They do raffles for us, give talks, offer nice discounts very supportive of our club.
Hey I'm going to Neptunes in Milpitas today! My partner is doing a baseball card expo at the great mall right there, so I get to wander for hours! Maybe even hit up the city and check out AquaForest later on.

hey thanks for the tip I re-entered my first and last name, hoping that was my goof.

also those capcha puzzles are hard as heck!! worse than craigslist, at least those are semi-legible. And I have 20/20 w/glasses, my poor grampa wouldn't stand a chance lol
Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Hey I'm going to Neptunes in Milpitas today! My partner is doing a baseball card expo at the great mall right there, so I get to wander for hours! Maybe even hit up the city and check out AquaForest later on.

hey thanks for the tip I re-entered my first and last name, hoping that was my goof.

also those capcha puzzles are hard as heck!! worse than craigslist, at least those are semi-legible. And I have 20/20 w/glasses, my poor grampa wouldn't stand a chance lol
Great !!
Neptunes is small, but take time to look and they have some great Nano fish. If you need it, ask for a step stool. The little tanks are a bit high for me, I'm 5'3".

AF has beautiful stuff, Neptunes has ADA stuff but tries to beat their prices.

Just keep asking for different Capchas. If you are still stuck, let me know. I did report difficulties in the past. I too hate the Capchas.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Whoa Neptunes is a really special place! Very random location. My partner had a neat point that in that type of business park the high voltage needs can be covered by industrial level power lines, and in fact the "down town" lfs here just lost half their tanks due to an outtage and surge. I went in just as the ripe smell really kicked in 2 days ago.

I will go back there soon. One of my fave guys from the recently out of business "Dolphin Pet Village" was employed at Neptunes, had to be stoked for him. The place had as many staff as customers, and all the staff seemed happy and busy. When one person was unsure they would offer to ask a more experienced person my question.

A++
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Whoa Neptunes is a really special place! Very random location. My partner had a neat point that in that type of business park the high voltage needs can be covered by industrial level power lines, and in fact the "down town" lfs here just lost half their tanks due to an outtage and surge. I went in just as the ripe smell really kicked in 2 days ago.

I will go back there soon. One of my fave guys from the recently out of business "Dolphin Pet Village" was employed at Neptunes, had to be stoked for him. The place had as many staff as customers, and all the staff seemed happy and busy. When one person was unsure they would offer to ask a more experienced person my question.

A++
Glad you made it the owners and at least one Employee were members of SFBAAPS. And still are AFAIK. Did you tell them you were joining ?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yes actually, I mentioned I had just joined the group and the man up front xplained the layout of the place, we looked at each tank and all the corals. My husband bought a blooming plant he had to have. I saw my old friend and he answered emperor tetra and invert questions. A few other people helped my guy with salt water questions.

I have this bizarre 10" long thin tentacle in the current from deep in my rock bed and an employee told me it was likely a harmful pest thing I should uncover and remove. I forget what he thought it was though

Too bad I wasn't heading home after or I may have picked up more assassin snails, lilaeopsis and cardinal tetras. Great plant selection and variety of salt and fresh fish I rarely see!

By the way, it's nice to see small biz that has good employees who are easy to work with and enjoy helping. I'm going back for sure, I have to make room or get a tank to grow out plantlets and runners.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

We just had our monthly meeting at Aquatic Central in South SF. Owner bought us Pizza and our meet was in the backyard of the shop. 25% off fish that day for members

Another member donated a HUGE Bolbitis fern and we shared that out and sent the rest home with a member that will keep it growing to share clippings in the future.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry but I still did not get any reply, I have tried twice so maybe you can ask someone to try to contact me?

I would love to attend, I was in Berkeley all last week ill be working in the city in April.

Thanks coursair
Lila
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Sorry but I still did not get any reply, I have tried twice so maybe you can ask someone to try to contact me?

I would love to attend, I was in Berkeley all last week ill be working in the city in April.

Thanks coursair
Lila
Did you retry using your real name ? I am messaging a mod today to contact you. I was wondering if you had joined.

Tags
plant, planted, planted tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com