San Jose area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbernst

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just getting back into it after 40+ years and looking for equipment in the San Jose, CA area. also, it took this long to realize how much I miss it and see how much it has changed:fish2::)

Hello Bbernest,
I live down in Cambria . I have a 30g,some light colored gravel and possibly some other stuff I could give you if you want to make a road trip.
I was supposed to take down my 55 when I set up my new tank but the aquarium kid inside me won't listen to reason,I need money for a bigger filter so it is negotiable .
If you're in a bind too this could be free, after all there is more happiness in giving then in receiving .
You definitely want to check out Craigslist in your area there could be some great opportunitities

Hi, Thanks for the offer for the 30. Don't know abou t a road trip in the near future..what us the new tank that you would take down the 55 for?

Well it is a sad story my brother died and when we're clearing out his estate , I couldn't throw out his empty 125.I did throw out the wet dry and sump didn't think I would need it.whoops.so I have it up and running now.
I already had two high fin spotted Plecos and Rafael cat semi abandoned in the 55.money is tight and I was burning out on the hobby
I put those guys in and got seven Dennison barbs a few weeks later , lost three.last night I went to pet smart to get more Dbarbs . They were out but fish were a buck so I got 3 long finned zebra danio s 5 regular and 6 white tipped tetra s for two bits a piece.
Now my tank Seems pretty crowded,poor barbs will have to wait for more buddies.
Thanks for asking.hope I didn't bore you.

Sorry about your brother..let me know if you want to get rid of the 55..had one as a kid and lived it..great memories. .best of luck on the new fish

Thank you ,
You would have to come here and get it.Spending all this time here has really got me going again .All the information on line all the you tube videos on every aspect of fish keeping imaginable . My mind is running way a head of my budget and free time.
I got the 55 in 1990 when I was 20.We were late on the rent and lived next store to the property manager . Room mate and I filled it with our grocerys ,checked to see if the coast was clear and made way for the door..The manager busted us and said Nice tank I want to see it when it set up.What a experience .
Any way check out Craigslist and your mind might be spinning too,and I'll let you know if I come to my sences.

Back
Top Bottom