So Cal - Driftwood Sources??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Legacy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone,

I recently picked up some Malaysian driftwood from Pasadena Tropical Fish. It's a XL piece that I paid $40 for and before I go back to buy more for the same price I was wondering if anyone else knew of any other LFS that were a good source of Malaysian Driftwood. I don't mind making a distant drive if the the source is a good one. I'm mostly talking about pieces that are at least 10-15" in length.

Thanks,
Dave

Alright, I'm going to answer my own question...

Pasadena Tropical Fish in Pasadena had the largest selection of Malaysian and African Root Driftwood. Sounds like they get new shipments in every Wednesday or Thursday. All Sizes, Price ranging from $6.99/Small to $59.99/XXL. Decent selection of rock.

Strictly Fish in Lakewood also had a moderate selection of Malaysian Driftwood, African Root, and a lot of different varieties of rock that was well organized.

Hacienda Aquatics in La Puente also had a moderate selection of Malaysian Driftwood, seemed to have a lot of Medium sized pieces for about $40 which is a little more expencive than PTF. Also has a variety of rock that looks pretty dusty.

Tong's Tropical Fish in Fountain Valley, pretty much all they have is coated driftwood which doesn't look all that natural. They do however have a nice assortment of rock. Lace/Lava/Texas Holey/Slate/Petrified Wood/Etc.

Back
Top Bottom