so cali

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, are you still looking for some LFS in the Riverside area? Have you been to any of these:

Aquarium Guru
7756 California Ave (Riverside) 951-637-7582

Fish Fantasy
7201 Arlington Ave # D (Riverside) 951-509-4607

Ocean Pro Aquarium
13472 5th St (Chino) 909-590-4227

Global Aquatics Tropical Fish & Pet Supplies
1420 S Carlos Ave (Ontario) 909-923-6173

Fish City Koi & Tropical Fish
763 E Holt Ave (Pomona) 909-868-9898

If you need anymore just let me know. Ciao

Hello, are you still looking for some LFS in the Riverside area? Have you been to any of these:

Aquarium Guru
7756 California Ave (Riverside) 951-637-7582
Ocean Pro Aquarium
13472 5th St (Chino) 909-590-4227

Global Aquatics Tropical Fish & Pet Supplies
1420 S Carlos Ave (Ontario) 909-

Are you sure the first two are still in business?

Well not too sure about Aquarium Guru, but Ocean Pro is I just went there a couple of weeks ago...they've been there forever. The owner is a real nice guy. Here is their website: Oceanpro Aquatics, Inc.

HarrY Gross here.....origionally from San Berdoo....now residing in Bigbear. There is a great LFS in Redlands/Loma Linda area Called "Petsworld". Owned by a coupla brothers. Good advise...no high presure sales...willing to discuss ANYTHING...always takes time out for "me" whenever I'm down there.

Any body know about ant local swap clubs a guy could get involved in ????

there are several but you might have to travel. by far my fav is coast though its in the OC in costa mesa its a very big club flys in great speakers always learning something new. they have really great auctions plus plenty of members from starting to long time breeders. there is one in the greater LA area called LAFF never been since its a little far away having to travel though la to get there. its a smaller club from what i hear but its worth checking out. SD has good club down there forgot the name but i have the link saved somewhere. havent managed to check it out yet.

there is also a plant club for so cali called scape they hold their meets at members house which hops from sd to la and inbetween.

if you want more info just ask.

HarrY Gross here.....origionally from San Berdoo....now residing in Bigbear. There is a great LFS in Redlands/Loma Linda area Called "Petsworld". Owned by a coupla brothers. Good advise...no high presure sales...willing to discuss ANYTHING...always takes time out for "me" whenever I'm down there.

Any body know about ant local swap clubs a guy could get involved in ????

ooh, I wouldn't call that store in San Bernardino a good lfs. The coral selection is bad, there are dead fish lying in the tanks and one part of the store literally stinks like s$%#. It is a big store, I will give it that. It is probably the closest store to big bear, but not a very good lfs, in my opinion there is much better in SoCal.

if anyones interested, strictly fish in long beach has fluval 405's for like 149 or 139...

I'm a student at Caltech in Pasadena. Does anyone know of good LFS here? The Petco stinks, and I'm going to visit others tomorrow. Is there a good store in downtown LA, SGV area, or anywhere else easily accessible?

I just came in to post, I live around the corner from Vivid Aquariums in Canoga Park, CA! Haha.

There are a lot of cool LFS's around here, I haven't been to vivid aquariums yet though.

I'm just north of Long Beach in the city of Norwalk. Grew up in Long Beach though and most of my family still lives in and around the area.

I'm surprised that there aren't more of us around here.

Thought i'd say hi. I live in Santa Clarita. I've been to most LFS around the San Fernando Valley including Aquarium Center (RIP), Vivid and Rainbow. Rainbow is the one i usually go to the most.

Thought i'd say hi. I live in Santa Clarita. I've been to most LFS around the San Fernando Valley including Aquarium Center (RIP), Vivid and Rainbow. Rainbow is the one i usually go to the most.

I live almost two hours from the Valley, but I will have to check that one out. Thanks. Out of the ones you mentioned I have been to Vivid a few times. I always enjoy going there when I have time to drive or if I'm in the LA area. Do you have anymore info on Rainbow?

I live almost two hours from the Valley, but I will have to check that one out. Thanks. Out of the ones you mentioned I have been to Vivid a few times. I always enjoy going there when I have time to drive or if I'm in the LA area. Do you have anymore info on Rainbow?

Wow thats far. Rainbow is a pretty reasonably priced place that has been there for years. They have rare stuff some times. They got a few Achilles tangs that were about 10 inches long for like $250. I've seen jelly fish, black tip sharks, blue spotted stingrays. Not that big on coral tho just a few pieces tho they do have a really nice set up at the entrance. I know that's what you've been after lately for your really nice tank.

Wow thats far. Rainbow is a pretty reasonably priced place that has been there for years. They have rare stuff some times. They got a few Achilles tangs that were about 10 inches long for like $250. I've seen jelly fish, black tip sharks, blue spotted stingrays. Not that big on coral tho just a few pieces tho they do have a really nice set up at the entrance. I know that's what you've been after lately for your really nice tank.

Yeah you are right, I definitely take a stores sps coral selection into consideration. If I'm in the area I will still check it out though. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom