Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-20-2003, 12:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Temperate Aquarium

Seeing how we live in California, I thought it might be fun to have a tank dedicated to our waters. I wonder if anyone has ever tried this, and if it is hard? Obviously one would need a chiller and not a heater. But beyond that I don't know if there are any major differences? I have looked online but can't find anyone that sells temperate animals. And being a diver in my local waters I thought it would be fun to show my friends "what I see" when I go diving. I would hate to go down and have to collect my own. I don't think the DFG (Department of Fish and Game) would like that! Has anyone ever kept nudibranchs' we have one called the Spanish Shawl in our waters and it is the most beautiful purple and orange.

Old 10-20-2003, 01:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That would be cool, I've seen those nudibranchs but have never kept one, I know some have certain diets and not sure I could supply that. Do you ever take any pics of the fish on your dives?

Salt4Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:40 PM   #3

Unfortunately no! That is the only piece of equipment I haven't bought. You are limited to certain models and brands of cameras if you want to find a waterproof housing to fit it. Quick off topic subject...

Lobster season is here. A friend of mine caught a 11.4 lb lobster off of the West side of Catalina two weekends ago. I will attach a pic when he sends it to me.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:50 PM   #4

Now one would need a huge tank for this bad boy!!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wow (now that I'm just getting to your post sorry :/) That thing is HUGE, looks like something you'd see in one of those movies yuck!
Salt4Us is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com