Temperate Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diveonin2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Seeing how we live in California, I thought it might be fun to have a tank dedicated to our waters. I wonder if anyone has ever tried this, and if it is hard? Obviously one would need a chiller and not a heater. But beyond that I don't know if there are any major differences? I have looked online but can't find anyone that sells temperate animals. And being a diver in my local waters I thought it would be fun to show my friends "what I see" when I go diving. I would hate to go down and have to collect my own. I don't think the DFG (Department of Fish and Game) would like that! :lol: Has anyone ever kept nudibranchs' we have one called the Spanish Shawl in our waters and it is the most beautiful purple and orange.

That would be cool, I've seen those nudibranchs but have never kept one, I know some have certain diets and not sure I could supply that. Do you ever take any pics of the fish on your dives?

Unfortunately no! :( That is the only piece of equipment I haven't bought. You are limited to certain models and brands of cameras if you want to find a waterproof housing to fit it. Quick off topic subject...

Lobster season is here. :jump: A friend of mine caught a 11.4 lb lobster off of the West side of Catalina two weekends ago. I will attach a pic when he sends it to me.

Wow (now that I'm just getting to your post sorry :/) That thing is HUGE, looks like something you'd see in one of those movies yuck! ;)

Back
Top Bottom