Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2003, 12:20 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The tank sounds pretty cool! Sounds like you have some nice fish stores up by you, we are going to have to do some more checking around, but with this heat I can see why some fish aren't making it. The one place we went to on Friday had blue spotted jawfish for 39 bucks! What a deal considering online the cheapest I found was around 50 bucks

Salt4Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 04:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to sokhamik
i had a powder blue tang that i got for like 35 dollars... it succombed to ich overnight.. it was eating well and all but died the next day... it was a good fish.. can't believe i lost it..

Old 08-05-2003, 07:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh I would love to have a tang, but a 40 gallon just isn't big enough, someday maybe we'll have a place for a 100+ gallong that would be nice Sorry for your loss on the tang, I hate watching living things suffer
Old 09-04-2003, 04:19 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm 19 and from the os Angeles area, between santa monica and encino. There's PLENTY of fish stores in the neighborhood. Need some locations? PM me.

I have a 12 gal FW tank and I really want a bigger tank for SW but still want to do alot more research before I invest in anything.

30 gallon tall Eclipse II: 4 Praecox Rainbow Fish, 2 Australian Rainbowfish, 3 zebra snails, 2 Clown Loaches, 2 Congo Tetra, 2 Boesemani Rainbowfish, 1 Red Irian Rainbowfish, 1 Bronze Corydora, 1 Golden Panchax Killifish, 1 Aplocheilus lineolatus Killifish, 1 Common Pleco (~5 in.), 1 candystripe Pleco (~1 1/2 in.)

My online photos
illuminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 01:09 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cool tank illuminum, did you make your own background? I'll warn you SW is very addicting but exciting!
Old 09-09-2003, 04:06 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks salt4us! Yeah, I did make my own background.

I'm worried as to how much my FW tank will cost me (supplies, LR, LS, and livestock included). I want to get a 80-100 gal tank, probably glass to keep scratching to a minimum.

Read my thread on the fish only forum! Click here ---> http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=8260. I'm trying to ficure out what livestock I should get. Help me out if you can.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:30 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hey, all! Los Angeles here, in the Miracle Mile area, just a stone's throw from the La Brea Tar Pits. Although they've requested I stop throwing stones at it. I'm fairly new to aquariums. I started a 20-gallon freshwater a little over a year ago. Right now, there's a pleco and several zebra danios in there; there were more, but I made the mistake of buying a few of the fish from PetCo, and a week later, those and several of the existing fish were dead from a mysterious illness. Wish I knew about this forum back then.

I have a 40-gallon tank that's just sitting empty at the moment. It was given to me by someone who was given it in turn, and didn't want to deal with the process. Her loss is my gain! Anyway, I've had it for a few weeks, but I don't want to set it up just yet, because I plan on moving sometime relatively soon (next few months), and rather than having to break it down and move it, I figure I'll just wait until I'm settled in to set it up in the first place. Think I might go with saltwater when I finally do get to it, but I'm not fully decided yet.

Anyway. Just wanted to introduce myself. Hi!
Old 09-18-2003, 02:48 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Illumium, sorry I never responded, I've got a 3 year old that seems to distract me a lot while I'm on here and then I go on to something else. :/

I'm not real good about livestock, we are still having problems trying to figure out what to put in our 40, we were thinking of going just Green and Yellow coral gobies, but they don't really do much just kind of sit there. Then we thought maybe getting some reef safe wrasses, but after our 6 line jumped out we've decided against those. A lot of things aren't reef safe and that's what we are going for. That and peaceful. We may end up with black and white clowns tank raised ones from liveaquaria. Still up in the air. I read the thread and looks like FF helped you out there. If you need any seeding sand let me know ours has been up for close to a year and has lots of pods life in it
Old 09-18-2003, 02:53 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Anamorphic,

I love the Tar Pits! We used to take field trips when I was in school to there.

Can't wait to see pics of the 40 when you get it going!
Old 10-01-2003, 12:29 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
I'm in Lompoc 45 minutes north od Santa Barbara...

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com