Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-31-2006, 01:33 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Andos99
Whats going on AZ?

Any Arizona people out there??? This forum has been dead for sometime now! Anything new and exciting going on out there? Thank God we finally got some rain! I'm probably just talking to myself.....oh well

Old 04-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to wishbone Send a message via Yahoo to wishbone
hah yeah.. This forum has been a bit dead. We need to get more people on here for sure. I think I finally got things to stop dieing in my tank, so I guess that's a good thing. =)

wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi guys! I'm new here and so is my tank. In fact, it's only into it's 2nd week of cycling. Wish we had an aquarium here in Phoenix like they have in Atlanta. An aquarium in the desert would be perfect.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'm pretty new here too. I've got a betta I'm struggling to keep alive. I guess that's what I get for a $4 petsmart fish. People on the unhealthy fish forum said to get a 5 gal tank, we'll see if that helps.

Are there any other Tucson people here?

What kinds of tanks do you guys have and how long have you been at it?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:31 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Hi guys! I'm new here and so is my tank. In fact, it's only into it's 2nd week of cycling. Wish we had an aquarium here in Phoenix like they have in Atlanta. An aquarium in the desert would be perfect.
Wait about 1 year and we'll have one. Wildlife World Zoo at 165th Ave and Northern is constructing a large aquarium and water park right now. I saw the plans at a city council meeting a few months backand it looked really sharp.

When the architects website is working, it has the plans on it. It hasn't worked right in over month though.

Someday I'll add fishies.
elzool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #6

elzool, that's great news. Although it's a long way from where I live, I'll be there. In fact, still have yet to visit the Wildlife World Zoo as I live walking distance from the Phoenix Zoo and am a member. We are planning to go over there next week. Thanks for the good news.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:18 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

heh, we live in the west valley and are members of the wildlife world zoo. haven't been to the phoenix zoo since the last field trip there in 5th grade I think.

at least the aquarium is under construction already, I remember seeing the plans for the aquarium at the galleria in scottsdale and drooling over that one.

then crying when i found out it wasn't going to happen

oh yeah, they'll have a log flume ride too... love the log flumes

Someday I'll add fishies.
elzool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #8

I saw those same plans at the galleria and words can't express what I felt when it fell thru.
Now I'm really excited. Log flume!! Wow!! Great news today!!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:18 PM   #9

Oh yes. I forgot to ask. Have any of you been to that LFS on Thomas? I think it's on the west side. I am going to have to take a ride over there, maybe on the weekend. I've heard it's pretty nice.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:32 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Andos99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Oh yes. I forgot to ask. Have any of you been to that LFS on Thomas? I think it's on the west side. I am going to have to take a ride over there, maybe on the weekend. I've heard it's pretty nice.
It's called Phoenix Tropicals and they probably do have the largest selection I've seen in Phx. Head north on 37th St. (it is not a major intersection) off of Thomas....it's about a half mile up on the left (west) side of 37th st.....kind of tricky to find. Let me know what you think! Last time I was there they had a few huge Peacock Bass in a 180 gal. I've been dreaming about doing a Peacock Bass tank since. Pets Inc. on Mill and Southern is a good one and so is Ocean Floor off of I-17 and Thomas.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com