Whats going on AZ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andos99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any Arizona people out there??? This forum has been dead for sometime now! Anything new and exciting going on out there? Thank God we finally got some rain! I'm probably just talking to myself.....oh well :lol:

hah yeah.. This forum has been a bit dead. We need to get more people on here for sure. I think I finally got things to stop dieing in my tank, so I guess that's a good thing. =)

Hi guys! I'm new here and so is my tank. In fact, it's only into it's 2nd week of cycling. Wish we had an aquarium here in Phoenix like they have in Atlanta. :D An aquarium in the desert would be perfect.

I'm pretty new here too. I've got a betta I'm struggling to keep alive. I guess that's what I get for a $4 petsmart fish. People on the unhealthy fish forum said to get a 5 gal tank, we'll see if that helps.

Are there any other Tucson people here?

What kinds of tanks do you guys have and how long have you been at it?

Gina said:
Hi guys! I'm new here and so is my tank. In fact, it's only into it's 2nd week of cycling. Wish we had an aquarium here in Phoenix like they have in Atlanta. :D An aquarium in the desert would be perfect.

Wait about 1 year and we'll have one. Wildlife World Zoo at 165th Ave and Northern is constructing a large aquarium and water park right now. I saw the plans at a city council meeting a few months backand it looked really sharp.

When the architects website is working, it has the plans on it. It hasn't worked right in over month though.

elzool, that's great news. Although it's a long way from where I live, I'll be there. In fact, still have yet to visit the Wildlife World Zoo as I live walking distance from the Phoenix Zoo and am a member. We are planning to go over there next week. Thanks for the good news.

heh, we live in the west valley and are members of the wildlife world zoo. haven't been to the phoenix zoo since the last field trip there in 5th grade I think.

at least the aquarium is under construction already, I remember seeing the plans for the aquarium at the galleria in scottsdale and drooling over that one.

then crying when i found out it wasn't going to happen

oh yeah, they'll have a log flume ride too... love the log flumes

I saw those same plans at the galleria and words can't express what I felt when it fell thru.
Now I'm really excited. Log flume!! Wow!! Great news today!!

Oh yes. I forgot to ask. Have any of you been to that LFS on Thomas? I think it's on the west side. I am going to have to take a ride over there, maybe on the weekend. I've heard it's pretty nice.

Gina said:
Oh yes. I forgot to ask. Have any of you been to that LFS on Thomas? I think it's on the west side. I am going to have to take a ride over there, maybe on the weekend. I've heard it's pretty nice.

It's called Phoenix Tropicals and they probably do have the largest selection I've seen in Phx. Head north on 37th St. (it is not a major intersection) off of Thomas....it's about a half mile up on the left (west) side of 37th st.....kind of tricky to find. Let me know what you think! Last time I was there they had a few huge Peacock Bass in a 180 gal. I've been dreaming about doing a Peacock Bass tank since. :lol: Pets Inc. on Mill and Southern is a good one and so is Ocean Floor off of I-17 and Thomas.

Andos99, yes. I've been there many times and the last time was last week. However, they no longer handle SW anything. It's all FW. I was really disappointed as I bought most of my fish there 18 years ago when I had my 55 gallon.
The one I'm talking about is called ABOUT THE REEF, I think and it's on West Thomas someplace. I hope to hit it sometime next week if not this weekend.

I still highly recommend pets inc. on Mill Ave in the Tempe area. They have pretty good selections of FW and SW fish. I've pretty much been using them exclusively now.

Shoot if I could manage to get my tank up and running any time soon I would love to check out some of those places. The lfs here in casa grande is kind of small and tailors more towards dogs, cats and birds than fish.

Last time i was at ocean floor i was very impressed by their fish selection and setups, but i almost threw up upon walking into their reptile section, it appeared that their employees were either afraid of the animals or didnt care, One of the tarantulas (a very slow growing species) had at least 4 molts in its enclosure, which would have taken more than 2 months to accumulate. Another small problem is the stench, it should NOT smell like that :/. Besides the reptiles though, the rest of the store definitely impressed me.

Back
Top Bottom