Where in Texas are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Colony.... in 3 days! Lived in a small town in East Texas (Palestine) from '97 to '02 and my parents still reside there.... I'm coming home!!!!!!

Re To Where In Texas

:D Hi All Originally Lubbock TX now In Alvarado TX 30mil south FT Worth been keeping fish off and on for 30 yrs. I'm a S.A. Dwarf Cichlid and Killie fanatic

Sincerely Cortis

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 66
Howdy to all my Texan compatriots!!!!! I was born and raised in Big Spring, TX (100 miles south of Lubbock, 80 miles north of San Angelo, 40 miles east of Midland/Odessa, 100 miles west of Abilene) basically in the West Texas desert!!! I lived there for 20 years, went college in Oklahoma (dark side--long story--basically closest pharmacy school to my house :( ) Got stuck in Oklahoma for 7 years 8O. Finally got back to almost Texas 7.5 years ago (really northern Mexico) I've been living down here in Harlingen, Texas (15 miles north of Brownsville, 140 miles south of Corpus Christi, 30 miles west of South Padre Island, 40 miles east of McAllen). This is allgedly the "Rio Grande Valley"----whatever.......the Rio Grande River is indeed here, but there isn't much of a valley. For all practical purposes based on my life experience with Texas......this is actually northern Mexico. :lol:

Howdy, born in Fort Worth, grew up in Lubbock, came back to DFW and now living in Royse City.

55g fw

2 14"plecos
1 cory
3 lemon tetras
2 blue danios
3 black skirted tetras
5 neon tetras
8 black tetras
8 zebra danios
3 male guppies
4 female guppies
5 guppy fry[/list]

Howdy, from the top of Texas. Born in fort worth live there til I was 6 moved to Amarillo and lived here for 32 yrs. Moved to Greenbay,Wisconson for 2yrs hated it missed My beloved Texas and moved back where cowboy hats and spurs where ok to ware to the store and not launght at for having them on.
I'll dyi here cause if you ain't Texan then your missing out on the greatest state in the union. I worked on the 6666 ranch for 5yrs braking horse and running fence line. I set a many of post on that place and learned that. It's not where you wear your hat , It's where you lay your hat at night that you can call home and I lay my hat in Amarillo. Beside that there's not many states that you can drive for 13hrs and never leave it.

Come join us at www.lonestarfishranch.com/php/ and chat Texan with us on the ranch.
Thanks to crazyred and mematrix for joining up with me on the ranch.

Ok just though i would add into this group My name is Tess I curently live in Lubbock but am originaly from Ozona, TX. I am married with 3 sons. I am just getting started in this hobby thuogh it would be cheaper than my previous hobby of riding horses. boy was i wrong it will cost me a small fortune to get what i eventually want which is a 100 gallon tank.
Weasel F. my dad did some work around or on the 4 6's ranch a long long time ago. We now ranch in Ozona. Tried to click on your web sit and it would not come up.
I sure yall will see me around, I will have lots of ? befor long.

Tess

Cool your just a stones throw away. I'll be in your town Monday at 1pm to 4pm seeing a doctor. The 4 6's is a huge place. I worked on it for 5yrs in gothrie,Texas at home head courtes. On my site lets try this http://lonestarfishranch.com/PHP-Nuke/ that sould get you there. LOL join up and this talk fish. LOL No questions to small or to big. I just signed lonewolfblue from this site as a moderato for to help me out. I'd let to say a huges thank you to him for helpingus on the ranch.
Hope to see you there.

OMG!!! College Station. Home of Texas A & M!!!! 'Nuff said. I'm from Big Spring, TX {born and raised} I Know ALL about T A&M. Texas rox *ss!!!

Euless Tx! Right next to Grapevine.

Started out in alabama...3 states later, I am Texan to the bone.

I have family in Grapevine.

My family is all native Texans, I was bred here, born in Germany (thank you Uncle Sam) and was raised in Cypress.

I currently live in the Rice Village/Medical Center area.

Spring/Houston area. Been in Tx 5+yrs now, but originally from California.

Amarillo (or 35miles north of it on a ranch! )Born and raised here,will die here. Visted every major city here I can thank of. Hope I have anyway.The better half has helped me to see just how big this state is. Took us over 8yrs of trying to see it all. But the trying was half the fun. I thank anyway.

There use to be tons of aqua clubs here when I was growing up. But now none and nobody sems to want to join one. To busy I guess. LOL like we all are I guess. I'll get a group up and going before long you whatch. I don't give up on what I want. LOL

Howdy
Born in Houston, but moved south when I was 7. I grew up in Galveston, spent 6 years in the navy. Came back to Houston, moved around, Galveston, Pasadena, Nassau Bay, Dickinson, Friendswood, Dickinson, and now Texas City.
Guess you could say Galveston Bay is my home.

I was born in Houston, Grew up on Galveston Island. Currently I live in Texas City (Galveston Bay).

Members of
Houston Aquarium Society
Houston Livebearer Association & American Livebearer Associatiopn
Member BettaHabari (Houston Chapter of the IBC) & The International Betta Congress

We Also have a few other groups in Houston, but I am not a Member.
MARSH - saltwater
TAKO -killyfish
GHAC - Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Back
Top Bottom