Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest & California
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2005, 11:16 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The Colony.... in 3 days! Lived in a small town in East Texas (Palestine) from '97 to '02 and my parents still reside there.... I'm coming home!!!!!!

Rena Filstar XP2
Pressurized CO2 w/SMS122

29 Gallon Goldfish
4" Red/White Ryunkin
4" Orange Fantail
Penguin 100
AquaClear 20
FMJnaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to mematrix Send a message via Yahoo to mematrix
Re To Where In Texas

Hi All Originally Lubbock TX now In Alvarado TX 30mil south FT Worth been keeping fish off and on for 30 yrs. I'm a S.A. Dwarf Cichlid and Killie fanatic

Sincerely Cortis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram.jpg (67.5 KB, 59 views)

31 tanks 18 species of Apistos,4 other species Dwarf Cichlids,2 species of west african dwarfs,2 Angels, blk lace,3 species of cats,tetras,6 species of Killiefish,PICS http://www.photobucket.com/albums/y74/mematrix/
mematrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:13 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to crazyred
Howdy to all my Texan compatriots!!!!! I was born and raised in Big Spring, TX (100 miles south of Lubbock, 80 miles north of San Angelo, 40 miles east of Midland/Odessa, 100 miles west of Abilene) basically in the West Texas desert!!! I lived there for 20 years, went college in Oklahoma (dark side--long story--basically closest pharmacy school to my house ) Got stuck in Oklahoma for 7 years 8O. Finally got back to almost Texas 7.5 years ago (really northern Mexico) I've been living down here in Harlingen, Texas (15 miles north of Brownsville, 140 miles south of Corpus Christi, 30 miles west of South Padre Island, 40 miles east of McAllen). This is allgedly the "Rio Grande Valley"----whatever.......the Rio Grande River is indeed here, but there isn't much of a valley. For all practical purposes based on my life experience with Texas......this is actually northern Mexico.

55 gal.FW: 4 platies, 3 angelfish, 3 Cochu's blue tetras, 2 Rummynose tetras, 4 A. cacatuoides, 1 A. trifasciata, 2 blue rams, 6 Von Rio tetras, 1 Queen Arabesque pleco

29 Gal. FW: 2 variatus platies, 6 cherry barbs, 10 harlequin rasboras, 1 opaline gourami, 1 hillstream loach, 1 Rio Jari pleco (L-316), 1 GBR

10 Gal. FW: 1 african clawed frog, 1 dwarf flame gourami

10 Gal. FW:tons of blue ram fry

(4) 2 Gal. FW: all four with male bettas
crazyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to mrspughster Send a message via Yahoo to mrspughster
Howdy, born in Fort Worth, grew up in Lubbock, came back to DFW and now living in Royse City.

55g fw

2 14"plecos
1 cory
3 lemon tetras
2 blue danios
3 black skirted tetras
5 neon tetras
8 black tetras
8 zebra danios
3 male guppies
4 female guppies
5 guppy fry[/list]
Old 05-31-2006, 11:32 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hi folks, I'm in Houston. HoustonFishBox
Old 07-14-2006, 06:28 AM   #26

Howdy, from the top of Texas. Born in fort worth live there til I was 6 moved to Amarillo and lived here for 32 yrs. Moved to Greenbay,Wisconson for 2yrs hated it missed My beloved Texas and moved back where cowboy hats and spurs where ok to ware to the store and not launght at for having them on.
I'll dyi here cause if you ain't Texan then your missing out on the greatest state in the union. I worked on the 6666 ranch for 5yrs braking horse and running fence line. I set a many of post on that place and learned that. It's not where you wear your hat , It's where you lay your hat at night that you can call home and I lay my hat in Amarillo. Beside that there's not many states that you can drive for 13hrs and never leave it.

Come join us at www.lonestarfishranch.com/php/ and chat Texan with us on the ranch.
Thanks to crazyred and mematrix for joining up with me on the ranch.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok just though i would add into this group My name is Tess I curently live in Lubbock but am originaly from Ozona, TX. I am married with 3 sons. I am just getting started in this hobby thuogh it would be cheaper than my previous hobby of riding horses. boy was i wrong it will cost me a small fortune to get what i eventually want which is a 100 gallon tank.
Weasel F. my dad did some work around or on the 4 6's ranch a long long time ago. We now ranch in Ozona. Tried to click on your web sit and it would not come up.
I sure yall will see me around, I will have lots of ? befor long.

Tess
Old 07-15-2006, 11:35 PM   #28

Cool your just a stones throw away. I'll be in your town Monday at 1pm to 4pm seeing a doctor. The 4 6's is a huge place. I worked on it for 5yrs in gothrie,Texas at home head courtes. On my site lets try this http://lonestarfishranch.com/PHP-Nuke/ that sould get you there. LOL join up and this talk fish. LOL No questions to small or to big. I just signed lonewolfblue from this site as a moderato for to help me out. I'd let to say a huges thank you to him for helpingus on the ranch.
Hope to see you there.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:20 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
I'm located in College Station. I noticed that another member is from here also. I love this place.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:20 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to crazyred
OMG!!! College Station. Home of Texas A & M!!!! 'Nuff said. I'm from Big Spring, TX {born and raised} I Know ALL about T A&M. Texas rox *ss!!!

55 gal.FW: 4 platies, 3 angelfish, 3 Cochu's blue tetras, 2 Rummynose tetras, 4 A. cacatuoides, 1 A. trifasciata, 2 blue rams, 6 Von Rio tetras, 1 Queen Arabesque pleco

29 Gal. FW: 2 variatus platies, 6 cherry barbs, 10 harlequin rasboras, 1 opaline gourami, 1 hillstream loach, 1 Rio Jari pleco (L-316), 1 GBR

10 Gal. FW: 1 african clawed frog, 1 dwarf flame gourami

10 Gal. FW:tons of blue ram fry

(4) 2 Gal. FW: all four with male bettas
crazyred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com