Anyone in the northern nevada area ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi maltimomma what kinds of fish do you have & size of aquarium ? I THINK YOU POSTED A QUESTION IN THE FORUM HERE, HERE IS YOUR QUESTION >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I have questions about Aqueon/Python water changer. I'm looking a buying a water changer on Ebay. The seller says he doesn't know what brand it is and that it doesn't have the faucet adapter. Does anyone know if I buy say a faucet adapter online thats for an Aqueon will it work on a Python?

ANSWER > I believe the faucet adaptors are all the same and have the same size threads to fit your faucet & your python/ aqueon water changers. I believe they all have the same size connections & so should fit. where did you buy your water changer locally or on line ?
Bert

Hi Bert. To answer your question, I have a 29g, a 55g and another 55g I just bought off Craigslist and will set up after the holidays. In the 29g I have dwarf gouramis, black skirts, blood fin tetras, cory cats and 4 juvie bristlenose plecos. In the 55g I have blue, gold and opaline gouramis, rainbows, angelfish, rosy barbs, cory cats, upside down cat and bn pleco. Now needless to say that tank is overcrowded and thats the reason for a second 55g. What kind of fish do you have. Yes I did post that thread. I ended up buying an Aqueon from Drs. Foster and Smith and I love it. It sure makes pwc a breeze. With all the fish I have in that 55g I do at least 2 pwc a week. What do you use for water changes?

Shirley

Hi Shirley, I have african cichlids most of which were born in my tank. I started with 12 africans & 4 synodonnis and started having babies EVERYWHERE. I donated many of them to JANS tropical fish in carson City and i have 38 africans, 3/4 of my fish are bright blue and the rest are bright yellow. I had to reduce the cover as the babies were getting to be to much. I have a 100 Gallon plexiglass tank i have had since 1992 and here in Dayton, the natural water hardness & high PH makes the africans THRIVE. I have a Rena XP-4 and a large capacity air pump to provide plenty of oxygen for my 40 fish. I have a 100 % sand substrate and love the sand. easy to clean and the fish love it. I have changed the aquascaping a few times and the pictures in the linked post are a couple of years old. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/sand-in-planted-tank-176936.html#post1669566

My aquascaping looks a lot better than it does in the pictures. I am not able to download pictures from my camera on this new computer, i need to get a card reader & put my cameras picture card in it to load pictures onto my computer.
Bert

Hey Bert. Tank looks great. Where did you get the sand at? I'm pretty much new at all this, but when I set up the 55g I bought n Craigslist I'd like to use sand. I'm putting some of the angels in it and am thinking about a couple of gouramis or?. Need to split up the angels because I have 10 (my daughter loves angels). I don't want them to spawn because I don't want the aggression.

I have a bloggie camera, but can't figure out how to get the pictures loaded onto AA. I get them on my computer and can send them to Facebook.

I'm going to pm from now on if thats ok with you.

Shirley

Hi Shirley, yes that is fine. The sand i found in Sparks, nevada at a swimming pool supply store and it is swimming pool filter sand and the identification on it is "MESH #20 " what ever that means. whats nice about the sand is that it is only a littly dusty when I rinsed it and it not only looks nice but unlike sand you buy at lowes or home depot it will never cloud the water and when stirred up in the water, it just falls back to the bottom unlike sandbox playsand, which floats forever through the water and will cloud water, the filter sand is so much better. I saw the sand post once and researched it & knew it was for me and cheap too !! I think I paid $10.00 for 200 LBS. I have always wanted to use sand & boy am I glad i did. the sand you buy at petsmart/petco is way to expensive and that sand that is supossed to be cycle ready meaning it has all the correct bacteria in it doesn't. If you ever look at those bags they are ALWAYS DRY and they are supossed to be in a wet solution. those are mainly for saltwater tanks and makes for a fast new tank setup but if they are all dried up any benificial bacteria has died off and is useless. If you go into Reno to a GOOD aquarium store, they should have the wet stuff. you will see water IN the sealed bag. The pool filter sand is so much better and has just the right color, a light tan and looks just like a tropical island. Another nice thing about it, it will not change your PH. If you get the sand Shirley, you will like it i am sure. My new computer windows 7 will not accept my digital camera like my other computer did, i think i have to buy a sim card reader to load pictures on here. I also use fosters & smith as well as big als whose prices are a bit better than fosters & smiths.
Bert

Back
Top Bottom