Best LFS for LR in pdx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would reccomend Liverocks.com.. It will cost a bit less than any LR that you find locally and is 100x better.. Most LR locally goes for about 5-7.00per lb Soutas Saltwater has a very nice selection as well as Seahorse Aquarium.... If it were me personally I would go with Liverocks.com and have it shipped.. It costed me like 175.10 to have 40#s shipped.. I thought the shipping was going to be much more until I found out... check with Mike over at Liverocks.com prior to purchasing locally.. you will be much happier.. If your interested in seeing their LR in person you are more than welcome to come over and check out my tank..

HTH<
James

BTW here are the links for the other 2 places I mentioned..

www.soutassaltwater.com
www.seahorse-nw.com

Since I have a pretty small tank and already have 30lbs of base rock I was hoping to find 2 specifically shaped pieces that would fit well in the tank.

Have you been to the place in Lake Oswego(http://www.ecorals.tv)?

Yes I have.. Its actually Waves Marine.. Very Elaborate setup that they have there.. I have not looked at the LR that they have there but I have gone in there to get a few things.. I got a cleaner shrimp that died the same day and I also got a Blastomussa frag that has been doing great since I got it.. My personal opinion you would have the best choice at Soutas Saltwater.. They have a very large holding tank and they seem to stock a majority of it at all times.. I believe they are open today.. However I am sure that if you called up Mike at Liverocks.com and inquired about what kind of pieces that you were looking for I am almost positive he could help you out in getting a piece that pretty closely matches what you are looking for...

I was hoping to find 2 specifically shaped pieces that would fit well in the tank.
Check Soutas.. They had some rather large pieces in there the last time I was there..

HTH<
James

Upscales in Tualatin has live rock, pretty pricey for what you get. 8O Next time I will get my rock from Liverocks.com which seems to be the where the majority of folks on this site get their rock from and from what I have read, all seem very happy with it.

I have bought live rock from A-z and The Wet Spot Tropical Fish in portland and Pet Gallery in vancouver off mill plain. I liked the rock from a-z the best. It had alot of purple coraline algae and other good growth.

Back
Top Bottom