Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Northwest & Mountain States
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-09-2003, 08:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Reno area?

Anyone in the Reno area want to split shipping on online orders? Trade Equipment? Trade Livestock or Macro Algae?

Let me know!

Zero

Why Settle For The Lesser Evil! Vote Cthulhu!

Live in Nevada? Visit the Nevada Regional Forum at http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewfo...dcb6a37297e562
CountZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:42 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmommy
I am in South Tahoe just up the hill!

Old 10-19-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am in Dayton, Nevada
Old 10-30-2008, 01:14 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

The timing of these posts is funny. First in 2003, then one in 2005, and then Bert chimed in 3 years later. haha Well I am going to chime in 5 years after the original post.

I'm in Reno!

Doesn't look like the link for the regional forum is working anymore. Is there still a regional forum still? I am going on the hunt for it now....

Old 10-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I didn't notice the date of the original post but thats a hoot that it is still there. What kind of tank & fish do you have myocyte ?
Old 10-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hey Bert,

I am pretty new to the SW thing. Just switched my tank over 4 weeks ago in fact. I have a 47 Gallon tank and I just installed a new light fixture with a 250 watt MH, 2 actinic, 2 blue fluorescents, and blue and white led moon lights. WOW - It is bright!

I had a little trouble starting off, I thought my tank was cycled, but the LR I got from Ofishal was not cured and so ammonia levels spiked after I put some soft corals in the tank. I babied it with some ammonia lock, bacteria supplements and water changes and it looks like the corals survived.

I added my first critters the other day, 4 hermit crabs (two red leg, two normal) and one turbo snail. Everyone seems happy.

I am going to put up a post, tonight I think, with pictures of my set up an a few thanks to the people that have given advice. I will direct you to it when its up.

What are you running, what critters and fish do you have?
Old 10-31-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hi Myocyte, My tank is still empty after the move to our new house. I have some rockwork set up in it and I have decided to go with africans at this point. I will add the sand later so that all my rockwork is sitting firmly on the bottom of the plexiglass tank so the fish cannot undermine my rocks. I thought about going SW but decided against it so far. I am trying to decide on which kind of sand I want to use and I was hoping i could use the tan colored reef sand but some say reef sand cannot be used in fresh water. I have used gravel in that tank for 20 years and now I want a change. I want to make sure I have everything how i want it before filling with water. Ofishal got rid of all the FW stuff. that isn't cool that the live rock was not what it was suppossed to be, I guess his service is going downhill. stay away from petco & petsmart especially with SW. I have seen both stores try and sell sick fish to newbie customers. there is a long standing aquarium dealer in carson city who has been in the same location since 1971 and she knows her stuff !!!! she handles FW & SW and all of her tanks are pristine and clean !
Bert
Old 08-31-2014, 12:54 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

I am in reno

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com