Sand in Portland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ringwurm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone know where I can get some sand for a DSB in the Portland area? Home Depot doesn't carry the Southdown sand. :(

there really isnt a place that carries Cheap sand around here.. Most of us have just bought it from the LFS.. However I have heard rumors that the Homedepots around here will be carrying it here in the spring time.. But its just rumors.. Ther eis a place in Idaho that carries southdown that I know some have gone there.. Its like www.idahosaltwateremporium.com I believe..

HTH<
James

Both upscales and Soutas are good places to go.. There is also Seahorse which the guy there is a super nice guy.. www.seahorse-nw.com You can also check out www.thereeftank.com which also has a regional forum pnwmas which is a local group that meets once a month and does trading and such... Soutas is good for SPS frags.. Upscales is good for just about anything.. Seahorse is good for LPS corals and fish... There is also A-Z pets which is off 162nd and division.. They dont really know too much about SW but they are learning.. They have great prices and some pretty cool livestock.. They have been doing FW for along time and have just ventured into SW but be forwarned about the advice they give Its a bit past tense LOL... There is also Waves as well.. they are about 10mins away from Upscales.. They are fairly good too but no warranty what so ever on their livestock... Personally I order alot of my livesotck online at Liveaquaria.com.. 10day gaurentee and extremely reasonable expecially if you split the 24.99 s/h with someone or order 175.00 and get free s/h... If you need any help with anything just let me know.. I am always here to help... And you are more than welcome to come over and check out my tank... Its nothing too big right now but soon it will be LOL..

James

Ringwurm,

If you still need some sand I have a few Xtra 50lb bags of Southdown that I could let go for $10.00 per bag... Its on a first come First serve basis so let me know ASAP as its gonna go pretty fast...

James

James,
I dont know if you still have that sand but I would sure like some if it is available.

Back
Top Bottom