seattle area lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vaquero said:
Here's some pictures let me know what you think.

Thats awesome i like the variety of plants and fish love the colors on the plants id want mine to be similar to that

Lindsay1718 said:
I live in lake Stevens and haven't had much luck finding good lfs. I know a local breeder in Everett that usually has a good selection of different stuff all the time. He's a nice guy, his house is cramped but his fish are beautiful, healthy and super CHEAP. You can call and tell him what your looking for or just go see his fish room. PM me if you want his number. There's Denny's pet world in kirkland.

Pm sent

Thanks I have been trying to set it up just right. Still not 100% happy but It'll get there
And Thank you Lindsay also

vaquero said:
Thanks I have been trying to set it up just right. Still not 100% happy but It'll get there
And Thank you Lindsay also

As ive noticed just not possible always have to change lol

vaquero said:
Lindsay have you been to Jones & Co pets in marysville?

Yes, that's where I got my ebjd. They are good, a little pricey. The staff is clueless so do your own research. Once a year they have a sale where their fish are 50% off which is nice. I hope I haven't missed it this year. Should be soon if I haven't missed it. Bridges in snohomish is nice but pricey too, but they have a good selection and do 20-30% fish sales often.

Lindsay1718 said:
Yes, that's where I got my ebjd. They are good, a little pricey. The staff is clueless so do your own research. Once a year they have a sale where their fish are 50% off which is nice. I hope I haven't missed it this year. Should be soon if I haven't missed it. Bridges in snohomish is nice but pricey too, but they have a good selection and do 20-30% fish sales often.

It's oct 2-3 from 9-9. You gave to get there early if you want to get what you want.

Ya the kid was asking ME for advice on sexing fish and water temps.(i think ill go take his job) LOL! But they do have nice fish salt and freshwater.

Lindsay1718 said:

Ill have to take a look thanks for the info. Ill try and go during the sale thats an awesome sale cant beat half off

I like swords the best, my balas and silver dollars don't like the taste so they don't nibble them. You will have to research the plants to see what is okay for the fish you have/or getting for your tank. If they are carnivores you'd be okay with plants. But if they are omnivores, then they will eat animal and plants. So research and see what plants you can use and whether or not your fish will like them for dinner or snack.

Also you'll need to research your fish to see what types they may need to hide/breed in as well. Keeping a tank is a lot of work, but just like work, you will be able to get into a pattern and the easier it will be. We are learning every day about our tanks and what to do with them. I thought I was doing good and then had a small bout with Ich (Pronounced ick)
and since that is over with then I can now proceed with the tank and it's contents

vaquero said:
Also you'll need to research your fish to see what types they may need to hide/breed in as well. Keeping a tank is a lot of work, but just like work, you will be able to get into a pattern and the easier it will be. We are learning every day about our tanks and what to do with them. I thought I was doing good and then had a small bout with Ich (Pronounced ick)
and since that is over with then I can now proceed with the tank and it's contents

Thank you oh i know i need to do my research was hopin for some names so i can look them up and figure out whats best

vaquero said:
I like swords the best, my balas and silver dollars don't like the taste so they don't nibble them. You will have to research the plants to see what is okay for the fish you have/or getting for your tank. If they are carnivores you'd be okay with plants. But if they are omnivores, then they will eat animal and plants. So research and see what plants you can use and whether or not your fish will like them for dinner or snack.

That is true to dont want to put all that work in and have your fish ruin it lol and i know its work im just really rusty lol havent had one i was bout 16 or so

Remember how i said always changing look what i traded my dad for after cleaning his gecko tank lol i traded my tan rock thing took up to much room lol

ForumRunner_20120920_203932.jpg

well that's cool. There is a book at the library called "The 101 best Aquarium Plants". If you can get it do so. There is a lot of great info. The ten best plant for beginners are these
Anubis
colorata rotala
downol
dwarf sag
fissidens
java fern
java moss
jungle val
riccia
water sprite
These are a great place to start, research and see if you can use any of these with your fish. Hope this helps you out some.

Back
Top Bottom