seattle area lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Helps out alot ill be sure to find that book you mentioned and i will start researching all those and see what works best thanks so much

Hows that look even for artifical decor lol

View attachment 119818

I like it!:cool: Is that just white rocks, or is it sand also? It looks like sand underneath where your fish is swimming at. Funny, I almost bought that skull and put it in my tank. I didn't I opted for the natural look instead of things like sunken treasure, boats, underwater divers etc......But to each his/her own. Whatever everyone likes in their tank is perfect. Now I have to wait for the fish store to open....Only 4 hours to go! LOL!!!! :fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:

I live in the mountlake terrace/ lynnwood area i have a 10g tank 1 male betta 2 neon tetras getting more tetras soon each store is different and your right i wouldnt get a fish from the same tank as a dead one

Have you checked Craig's list for a slightly larger tank. Even a 25 Gallon wouldn't take up much more room, and you could add more fish (watch the amounts) and other decor also. I started with a 15 gallon here about 3 years ago when I got back the hobby, then quickly went up to a 25 gallon as I wanted more fish. Then about 5 weeks ago I gave almost all of my fish away to Petco(they adopt fish out ) and got my 55 gallon. Love it and I can add larger fish and really decorate it better than my 25 gal. Think about it Zach.

vaquero said:
I like it!:cool: Is that just white rocks, or is it sand also? It looks like sand underneath where your fish is swimming at. Funny, I almost bought that skull and put it in my tank. I didn't I opted for the natural look instead of things like sunken treasure, boats, underwater divers etc......But to each his/her own. Whatever everyone likes in their tank is perfect. Now I have to wait for the fish store to open....Only 4 hours to go! LOL!!!! :fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:

Actually its blue and white gravel mixed the skull ive had for so long its goiing into any fiture tanks that i get it was the very first piece i ever bought ehen i was bout 13 lol oh im want the natural look too im just doin what i can afford waiting is killer lol

vaquero said:
Have you checked Craig's list for a slightly larger tank. Even a 25 Gallon wouldn't take up much more room, and you could add more fish (watch the amounts) and other decor also. I started with a 15 gallon here about 3 years ago when I got back the hobby, then quickly went up to a 25 gallon as I wanted more fish. Then about 5 weeks ago I gave almost all of my fish away to Petco(they adopt fish out ) and got my 55 gallon. Love it and I can add larger fish and really decorate it better than my 25 gal. Think about it Zach.

I have been keepin eye out on craigslist garage sales and at my apt complex people sell stuff all the time lol trust me i want to go larger

vaquero said:
l could add a few I guess.

Hey guys,
Talking about decor you can get lots of cheap decor from craigslist I have a box filled with some I picked up for $10 that way I can change it up. There is a guy here in lake Stevens redoing his yard and dug up thousands of river rocks and is giving them away. I picked up a bunch and they are all different sizes and look. Let me know if your interested. I don't know much about plants. That's why I didn't chime in. If someone will ever advise me on a different post how to fix my 70 gallon acrylic tank I was trying to decide on a planted or African cichlid tank. I love the planted look but love cichlids, which usually destroy plants.

Lindsay1718 said:
Hey guys,
Talking about decor you can get lots of cheap decor from craigslist I have a box filled with some I picked up for $10 that way I can change it up. There is a guy here in lake Stevens redoing his yard and dug up thousands of river rocks and is giving them away. I picked up a bunch and they are all different sizes and look. Let me know if your interested. I don't know much about plants. That's why I didn't chime in. If someone will ever advise me on a different post how to fix my 70 gallon acrylic tank I was trying to decide on a planted or African cichlid tank. I love the planted look but love cichlids, which usually destroy plants.

Thats awesome good deals are always great lol not ready for rock yet

vaquero said:

Howd the trip to the fish store go

Okay so I replaced 1 dead Angel Fish (no idea what the problem was) but Angel fish are a type of cichlid and subject to early unexplained dying. I also returned a male 3 spot Gouramis since it was way too aggressive for my tank. I replaced him with a female...So maybe babies! I did buy another plant for the tank. An Anubis plant that I put into a hole on a piece of Driftwood I have in the tank. It's better to plant it that way, it's not recommended to plant in sub straight.

vaquero said:
Okay so I replaced 1 dead Angel Fish (no idea what the problem was) but Angel fish are a type of cichlid and subject to early unexplained dying. I also returned a male 3 spot Gouramis since it was way too aggressive for my tank. I replaced him with a female...So maybe babies! I did buy another plant for the tank. An Anubis plant that I put into a hole on a piece of Driftwood I have in the tank. It's better to plant it that way, it's not recommended to plant in sub straight.

Very nice good luck with gettin babbies yah thats one tthing i read was that anubos is best on driftwood and it looks like all the easy starter plants seem to be the best with my stock im not doin zebra danios found out they are nippers dont want my betta tore up im gunna stick with the neons zebra snails and maybe a cory or two

I never have been a fan of Betta's. No disrespect, but to me they are a do nothing fish. Any time I see them they just seem to stay in one place. Can't put many other fish with them and certainly not another male. But lots of people like em. They do look cool!!

vaquero said:
I never have been a fan of Betta's. No disrespect, but to me they are a do nothing fish. Any time I see them they just seem to stay in one place. Can't put many other fish with them and certainly not another male. But lots of people like em. They do look cool!!

I can see what you mean mine is all over the tank i got to touch him the other before my wc that was cool lol unfortunately thats why people put them in bowls cause they think they perfer it but each is their own like you said after this betta i wont do another cause there is so much out there i want to do so one betta for now lol maybe in kids room ill do another betta tank for them when they are older ciclids have got my attentions including the angels when i get up to bigger tanks

I had blood fin tetras, neon tetras, glow fish, and assorted other tetras before this tank. I brought them all to Petco, gave them to them and then picked the fish I wanted for my tank. I didn't buy them from Petco!! I had to make the choice to give up fish I really enjoyed so I could move forward with other fish and different setup.

vaquero said:
I had blood fin tetras, neon tetras, glow fish, and assorted other tetras before this tank. I brought them all to Petco, gave them to them and then picked the fish I wanted for my tank. I didn't buy them from Petco!! I had to make the choice to give up fish I really enjoyed so I could move forward with other fish and different setup.

That is a hard choice eventually i will have to make, when i was a kid my dad had a 55g to me at that age was huge one the tenants at my apt complex where i work has a 55g stopped and asked if i could take a look its not as big as i remember lol but i liked the size it would fit wonderfully in my new 2 bedroom apt im getting soon cant wait to find a killer deal on craigslist yah to get different fish goin to breeders or better lfs is the best ive noticed hows your new angel doin

Back
Top Bottom