seattle area lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are a few but i haven't gone to a lot of them. There is one in marysville that i really like. Of course you have Petsmart's and Petco, but I don't go to Petco for fish..too many there with visible Ich or mouth rot. I have heard of a good one in Issaquah and renton but can't remember their names. DO NOT GO TO Little Amazon in shoreline, There fish and return policies are stupid and the tanks the fish are in are really dirty and smelly. Sorry I'm not much help

vaquero said:
there are a few but i haven't gone to a lot of them. There is one in marysville that i really like. Of course you have Petsmart's and Petco, but I don't go to Petco for fish..too many there with visible Ich or mouth rot. I have heard of a good one in Issaquah and renton but can't remember their names. DO NOT GO TO Little Amazon in shoreline, There fish and return policies are stupid and the tanks the fish are in are really dirty and smelly. Sorry I'm not much help

That is helpful there is one valled "the fish store" and ive heard nothing but good reviews from there as for petco there is only one i go to which is close to me ive been going there for several years for many different pets ive had including i trust the one location as to any others the main guy who works the fish area knows his stuff im gunna be checkin out the one in seattle soon when i get a chance

Where you living? I'm in Everett but work in Shoreline area. Tell me about your tank. I just have had bad visits at Petco for fish. The fish's tails are all clumped together and I have seen many dead fish in tanks that I had thought about buying, but I vow NEVER to buy a fish that has dead ones in it. That could be signs of some bad mojo in the tank. And I have seen white spots on a lot of their fish, so I don't buy fish from there.

vaquero said:
Where you living? I'm in Everett but work in Shoreline area. Tell me about your tank. I just have had bad visits at Petco for fish. The fish's tails are all clumped together and I have seen many dead fish in tanks that I had thought about buying, but I vow NEVER to buy a fish that has dead ones in it. That could be signs of some bad mojo in the tank. And I have seen white spots on a lot of their fish, so I don't buy fish from there.

I live in the mountlake terrace/ lynnwood area i have a 10g tank 1 male betta 2 neon tetras getting more tetras soon each store is different and your right i wouldnt get a fish from the same tank as a dead one

You need a bigger tank!!! Just kidding, I started there and now I'm up to a 55 Gallon. Petsmart in Lynnwood is a great store. I don't know of any in MLT. My wife works in MLT and I haven't seen any there. I have 3 Bala sharks, 3 Silver Dollars, 4 Angel Fish, 4 Three spot Gouramis, and 2 Stripped Raphael Catfish. I really enjoy it, I just went out and bought a new Marine Land LED hood light and more plants.

Where this fish store you mentioned?/ Have you been to the one in Marysville. It is right next to Value Village, called Jones & Co Pets
Monday through Saturday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Address:
1340 State Ave. Marysville, Wa 98270
Phone: (360)-658-7817

Very clean and good prices for fish and accessories.

vaquero said:
You need a bigger tank!!! Just kidding, I started there and now I'm up to a 55 Gallon. Petsmart in Lynnwood is a great store. I don't know of any in MLT. My wife works in MLT and I haven't seen any there. I have 3 Bala sharks, 3 Silver Dollars, 4 Angel Fish, 4 Three spot Gouramis, and 2 Stripped Raphael Catfish. I really enjoy it, I just went out and bought a new Marine Land LED hood light and more plants.

There isnt one in mlt lol no i havent been to the one in marysville ive seen it though lol, the one in seattle is called the fish store its in the u-district look it up they have a website and ill get bigger one once im in a two bedroom lol

I like the sound of your set up awesome fish too dont bala's get big over time are you goin for a full planted look

Yep need the room for tanks, I am in the market for one more, although my wife isn't LOL!!
Wonder how I can sneak it in without her knowing????? Any suggestions??

um actually I'm try to get pics right now, ill post them here when i get a good one. Friggin fish keep moving!!! And ya I'm trying to get a "natural" planted look.

vaquero said:
Yep need the room for tanks, I am in the market for one more, although my wife isn't LOL!!
Wonder how I can sneak it in without her knowing????? Any suggestions??

Lol not to sure could go with look what i found in the yard lol

vaquero said:
um actually I'm try to get pics right now, ill post them here when i get a good one. Friggin fish keep moving!!! And ya I'm trying to get a "natural" planted look.

Thats what i want eventually i plan to get river rock from up in the granite falls area lol and yah my betta moves alot sometimes he poses he let me touch him today before i did my wc that was cool

vance1013 said:
Anybody here in the seattle wa area know some good lfs places i could check out

I live in lake Stevens and haven't had much luck finding good lfs. I know a local breeder in Everett that usually has a good selection of different stuff all the time. He's a nice guy, his house is cramped but his fish are beautiful, healthy and super CHEAP. You can call and tell him what your looking for or just go see his fish room. PM me if you want his number. There's Denny's pet world in kirkland.

Lindsay1718 said:
I live in lake Stevens and haven't had much luck finding good lfs. I know a local breeder in Everett that usually has a good selection of different stuff all the time. He's a nice guy, his house is cramped but his fish are beautiful, healthy and super CHEAP. You can call and tell him what your looking for or just go see his fish room. PM me if you want his number. There's Denny's pet world in kirkland.

Thefishstore.com its in seattle i havent been there yet but i hear great things what kindve stuff does he breed

Here's some pictures let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Fish Tank 008.jpg
    Fish Tank 008.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 448
  • Fish Tank 013.jpg
    Fish Tank 013.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 467
  • Fish Tank 009.jpg
    Fish Tank 009.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 128
Back
Top Bottom