seattle area lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seems ok fed them and it ate right along side the others. I will keep an eye on it for the next week, but all should be fine. I also crimped my air stone line so it's not as strong in the tank. I just didn't like how strong the bubbles were across the top of the tank. Blows all of the food all over the tank. I feed them frozen brine shrimp and blood worms, they like it a lot. Most all of my fish are omnivores (animal and plant eaters). I'm trying to find a LFS that has live small bugs to feed them as well. I'm going to try wingless fruit flies from PetSmart tomorrow, i'll let you know how that goes.

Thats a good sign with him eating right away didnt know nout crimping the airline to slow it down ill be waitin to gear about the lfs with live bugs glad to hear your angel is doin good how many gallons do they need?

heres the new plant and a couple more of the tank.

Attachments

• new plants 003.jpg
    new plants 003.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 58
  • new plants 001.jpg
    new plants 001.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 67
  • new plants 004.jpg
    new plants 004.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 63
That is a beautiful tank! I love the setup. If I ever get the cloudiness out of this acrylic tank, I am definitely thinking about going the planted route. The worst part is this tank looked better before I started messing with it!

Lindsay1718 said:
That is a beautiful tank! I love the setup. If I ever get the cloudiness out of this acrylic tank, I am definitely thinking about going the planted route. The worst part is this tank looked better before I started messing with it!

I just came across your thread on that idk anything bout that but good luck pics when all done

Would a 55 be ok for angels or would they do better in a bigger tank

A 55 would be great for them since they can grow quite large. I will be needing a larger tank when my fish reach adulthood as well. I've seen Angel fish get up to 6" tall in freshwater tanks.

vaquero said:
A 55 would be great for them since they can grow quite large. I will be needing a larger tank when my fish reach adulthood as well. I've seen Angel fish get up to 6" tall in freshwater tanks.

Thats good to know ive been lookin and gettin ideas for when i get up to that size

Just keep doing your water changes and make sure your filter is large enough to handle the tank size. You didn't say how big the tank is or what filter system your using. The plants I use work good because they absorb the CO2 and produce O2 for the fish thus keeping the tank in balance. Plus I do a 25% water change each Thursday including cleaning the gravel. I never wash any of the rocks or anything else though. When I take out the water, I take out each filter and "swoosh" it around in the dirty water then put the filters back in.

Google isnt much help lately lol is there lots of variety in color

Depending on which of the species you want. Most LFS's stock the normal black, white,yellow, and a mixture of the three. Just research the Angels species and see which you can get locally. Angels are pretty new for me as well, so we can learn about them at the same time.

Remember with plants, you will need to use a safe fertilizer for them. They make them so they are safe for your fish. Just thought I'd throw that in.

vaquero said:
Depending on which of the species you want. Most LFS's stock the normal black, white,yellow, and a mixture of the three. Just research the Angels species and see which you can get locally. Angels are pretty new for me as well, so we can learn about them at the same time.

Thatd be great i will look into what species are around locally i think your right about the standard colors maybe try and find a breeder or two as well

vaquero said:
Remember with plants, you will need to use a safe fertilizer for them. They make them so they are safe for your fish. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Thats good to know i was seeing that alot was curious how fertilizer was used

vaquero said:

Here is a link i found if you haven't seen it already ive read some already breedingangelfish.info its rather informative thought you might like it

Got my hands on a lot of drift wood today for free and a cool lookin rock as wellits ill have pictures up a bit later i got to 4-5 ft chunks along with a bunch of little pieces as well now my tank will start to look natural

That's cool, I've always had problems w/driftwood. It doesn't matter how long it sits in water it doesn't ever sink. I love the look of it though.

Back
Top Bottom