Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Northwest & Mountain States
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

seattle area lfs

Anybody here in the seattle wa area know some good lfs places i could check out

Old 09-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anybody?

Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

there are a few but i haven't gone to a lot of them. There is one in marysville that i really like. Of course you have Petsmart's and Petco, but I don't go to Petco for fish..too many there with visible Ich or mouth rot. I have heard of a good one in Issaquah and renton but can't remember their names. DO NOT GO TO Little Amazon in shoreline, There fish and return policies are stupid and the tanks the fish are in are really dirty and smelly. Sorry I'm not much help
Old 09-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero
there are a few but i haven't gone to a lot of them. There is one in marysville that i really like. Of course you have Petsmart's and Petco, but I don't go to Petco for fish..too many there with visible Ich or mouth rot. I have heard of a good one in Issaquah and renton but can't remember their names. DO NOT GO TO Little Amazon in shoreline, There fish and return policies are stupid and the tanks the fish are in are really dirty and smelly. Sorry I'm not much help
That is helpful there is one valled "the fish store" and ive heard nothing but good reviews from there as for petco there is only one i go to which is close to me ive been going there for several years for many different pets ive had including i trust the one location as to any others the main guy who works the fish area knows his stuff im gunna be checkin out the one in seattle soon when i get a chance
Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Where you living? I'm in Everett but work in Shoreline area. Tell me about your tank. I just have had bad visits at Petco for fish. The fish's tails are all clumped together and I have seen many dead fish in tanks that I had thought about buying, but I vow NEVER to buy a fish that has dead ones in it. That could be signs of some bad mojo in the tank. And I have seen white spots on a lot of their fish, so I don't buy fish from there.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Where you living? I'm in Everett but work in Shoreline area. Tell me about your tank. I just have had bad visits at Petco for fish. The fish's tails are all clumped together and I have seen many dead fish in tanks that I had thought about buying, but I vow NEVER to buy a fish that has dead ones in it. That could be signs of some bad mojo in the tank. And I have seen white spots on a lot of their fish, so I don't buy fish from there.
I live in the mountlake terrace/ lynnwood area i have a 10g tank 1 male betta 2 neon tetras getting more tetras soon each store is different and your right i wouldnt get a fish from the same tank as a dead one
Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

My tank at the moment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120920_170252.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	119766
Old 09-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

You need a bigger tank!!! Just kidding, I started there and now I'm up to a 55 Gallon. Petsmart in Lynnwood is a great store. I don't know of any in MLT. My wife works in MLT and I haven't seen any there. I have 3 Bala sharks, 3 Silver Dollars, 4 Angel Fish, 4 Three spot Gouramis, and 2 Stripped Raphael Catfish. I really enjoy it, I just went out and bought a new Marine Land LED hood light and more plants.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Where this fish store you mentioned?/ Have you been to the one in Marysville. It is right next to Value Village, called Jones & Co Pets
Monday through Saturday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Address:
1340 State Ave. Marysville, Wa 98270
Phone: (360)-658-7817

Very clean and good prices for fish and accessories.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
You need a bigger tank!!! Just kidding, I started there and now I'm up to a 55 Gallon. Petsmart in Lynnwood is a great store. I don't know of any in MLT. My wife works in MLT and I haven't seen any there. I have 3 Bala sharks, 3 Silver Dollars, 4 Angel Fish, 4 Three spot Gouramis, and 2 Stripped Raphael Catfish. I really enjoy it, I just went out and bought a new Marine Land LED hood light and more plants.
There isnt one in mlt lol no i havent been to the one in marysville ive seen it though lol, the one in seattle is called the fish store its in the u-district look it up they have a website and ill get bigger one once im in a two bedroom lol

Tags
eat, lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com