Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Regional Forums > Northwest & Mountain States
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
seattle area lfs

Anybody here in the seattle wa area know some good lfs places i could check out
__________________

__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Anybody?
__________________

__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
vaquero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: washington state
Posts: 409
there are a few but i haven't gone to a lot of them. There is one in marysville that i really like. Of course you have Petsmart's and Petco, but I don't go to Petco for fish..too many there with visible Ich or mouth rot. I have heard of a good one in Issaquah and renton but can't remember their names. DO NOT GO TO Little Amazon in shoreline, There fish and return policies are stupid and the tanks the fish are in are really dirty and smelly. Sorry I'm not much help
__________________
Running 4 tanks; 5 soon
One 55, Two 25's, and two10's, adding a 75 for Oscars
vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero
there are a few but i haven't gone to a lot of them. There is one in marysville that i really like. Of course you have Petsmart's and Petco, but I don't go to Petco for fish..too many there with visible Ich or mouth rot. I have heard of a good one in Issaquah and renton but can't remember their names. DO NOT GO TO Little Amazon in shoreline, There fish and return policies are stupid and the tanks the fish are in are really dirty and smelly. Sorry I'm not much help
That is helpful there is one valled "the fish store" and ive heard nothing but good reviews from there as for petco there is only one i go to which is close to me ive been going there for several years for many different pets ive had including i trust the one location as to any others the main guy who works the fish area knows his stuff im gunna be checkin out the one in seattle soon when i get a chance
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
vaquero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: washington state
Posts: 409
Where you living? I'm in Everett but work in Shoreline area. Tell me about your tank. I just have had bad visits at Petco for fish. The fish's tails are all clumped together and I have seen many dead fish in tanks that I had thought about buying, but I vow NEVER to buy a fish that has dead ones in it. That could be signs of some bad mojo in the tank. And I have seen white spots on a lot of their fish, so I don't buy fish from there.
__________________
Running 4 tanks; 5 soon
One 55, Two 25's, and two10's, adding a 75 for Oscars
vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero
Where you living? I'm in Everett but work in Shoreline area. Tell me about your tank. I just have had bad visits at Petco for fish. The fish's tails are all clumped together and I have seen many dead fish in tanks that I had thought about buying, but I vow NEVER to buy a fish that has dead ones in it. That could be signs of some bad mojo in the tank. And I have seen white spots on a lot of their fish, so I don't buy fish from there.
I live in the mountlake terrace/ lynnwood area i have a 10g tank 1 male betta 2 neon tetras getting more tetras soon each store is different and your right i wouldnt get a fish from the same tank as a dead one
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
My tank at the moment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120920_170252.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	119766
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
vaquero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: washington state
Posts: 409
You need a bigger tank!!! Just kidding, I started there and now I'm up to a 55 Gallon. Petsmart in Lynnwood is a great store. I don't know of any in MLT. My wife works in MLT and I haven't seen any there. I have 3 Bala sharks, 3 Silver Dollars, 4 Angel Fish, 4 Three spot Gouramis, and 2 Stripped Raphael Catfish. I really enjoy it, I just went out and bought a new Marine Land LED hood light and more plants.
__________________
Running 4 tanks; 5 soon
One 55, Two 25's, and two10's, adding a 75 for Oscars
vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
vaquero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: washington state
Posts: 409
Where this fish store you mentioned?/ Have you been to the one in Marysville. It is right next to Value Village, called Jones & Co Pets
Monday through Saturday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Address:
1340 State Ave. Marysville, Wa 98270
Phone: (360)-658-7817



Very clean and good prices for fish and accessories.
__________________
Running 4 tanks; 5 soon
One 55, Two 25's, and two10's, adding a 75 for Oscars
vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero
You need a bigger tank!!! Just kidding, I started there and now I'm up to a 55 Gallon. Petsmart in Lynnwood is a great store. I don't know of any in MLT. My wife works in MLT and I haven't seen any there. I have 3 Bala sharks, 3 Silver Dollars, 4 Angel Fish, 4 Three spot Gouramis, and 2 Stripped Raphael Catfish. I really enjoy it, I just went out and bought a new Marine Land LED hood light and more plants.
There isnt one in mlt lol no i havent been to the one in marysville ive seen it though lol, the one in seattle is called the fish store its in the u-district look it up they have a website and ill get bigger one once im in a two bedroom lol
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
I like the sound of your set up awesome fish too dont bala's get big over time are you goin for a full planted look
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Got any pics
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
vaquero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: washington state
Posts: 409
Yep need the room for tanks, I am in the market for one more, although my wife isn't LOL!!
Wonder how I can sneak it in without her knowing????? Any suggestions??
__________________
Running 4 tanks; 5 soon
One 55, Two 25's, and two10's, adding a 75 for Oscars
vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
vaquero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: washington state
Posts: 409
um actually I'm try to get pics right now, ill post them here when i get a good one. Friggin fish keep moving!!! And ya I'm trying to get a "natural" planted look.
__________________
Running 4 tanks; 5 soon
One 55, Two 25's, and two10's, adding a 75 for Oscars
vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero
Yep need the room for tanks, I am in the market for one more, although my wife isn't LOL!!
Wonder how I can sneak it in without her knowing????? Any suggestions??
Lol not to sure could go with look what i found in the yard lol
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero
um actually I'm try to get pics right now, ill post them here when i get a good one. Friggin fish keep moving!!! And ya I'm trying to get a "natural" planted look.
Thats what i want eventually i plan to get river rock from up in the granite falls area lol and yah my betta moves alot sometimes he poses he let me touch him today before i did my wc that was cool
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Lindsay1718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lake Stevens, WA
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by vance1013
Anybody here in the seattle wa area know some good lfs places i could check out
I live in lake Stevens and haven't had much luck finding good lfs. I know a local breeder in Everett that usually has a good selection of different stuff all the time. He's a nice guy, his house is cramped but his fish are beautiful, healthy and super CHEAP. You can call and tell him what your looking for or just go see his fish room. PM me if you want his number. There's Denny's pet world in kirkland.
__________________
Lindsay1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1718

I live in lake Stevens and haven't had much luck finding good lfs. I know a local breeder in Everett that usually has a good selection of different stuff all the time. He's a nice guy, his house is cramped but his fish are beautiful, healthy and super CHEAP. You can call and tell him what your looking for or just go see his fish room. PM me if you want his number. There's Denny's pet world in kirkland.
Thefishstore.com its in seattle i havent been there yet but i hear great things what kindve stuff does he breed
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
vance1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington USA
Posts: 1,319
Thefishstoreseattle.com
__________________
Fish addict Forever! or FaF for short.
vance1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
vaquero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: washington state
Posts: 409
Here's some pictures let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fish Tank 008.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	119779   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fish Tank 013.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	119780  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fish Tank 009.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	119781  
__________________

__________________
Running 4 tanks; 5 soon
One 55, Two 25's, and two10's, adding a 75 for Oscars
vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eat, lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×