western slope colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we are still up here.

not much going on.

was in junction last summer. i see at pet smart, they cut back on there live fish for sale tank space. may be a third or half.

used to get down there a lot but any more staying closer to home(y)

Yeah I usually try to buy from Western Slope Aquatics, I think Opal runs the cleanest shop in town, though not much in the way of plants. I did just discover a place called Marine Tech, he doesn't keep much on hand but will order it for you. Had some nice cherry shrimp though.

Yelling into the tin can from the far end of the string

Tacit,
I also always try to only buy from Opal. The other places just aren't that great or aren't as friendly. Did you know that Opal will special order fish for you? I can't remember what day she orders, but if you tell her what you want, she will put it on the list for order.
The other place I go to is J&M aquatics. It's not as good as Opal's but it's better than petsmart or Petco!

agree on Western Slope and have gotten a lot from them. our 2 125 gal. set ups came form there years ago. 1995 or so.

would be my first stop in gj if i was looking for something in particular

was surprised to see the box store had cut back.

have a young fellow here in craig, that started a pet store and is doing a good job of it. he has been around for a couple or three years on his own and longer as he worked for one of the old pet stores here.

That's nice to have a place like that locally! Way back when, Opal's son was my little league coach, and I think that's when I got my first fish from them... musta been 20 years ago.

Yelling into the tin can from the far end of the string

Hello, all! Been getting back into my aquariums, and I'm wondering if there's any local resources/interest for trading plants and equipment and such. I know there's a pretty big aquarium club in Denver but I can't seem to find anything on this side of the mountains. Any interest or information for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom