1.5 gallon tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floop123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tetra glofish 1.5 gallon tank. I was thinking of sticking it with some cool fish besides betta as. Also, no shrimp or snails please.

The tank is too small for anything to live a healthy life. Think about it. You could live in a closet. Would you want to?

I knew somebody who had a lot of fish in there for a while would minnows work

No. Just because someone did it doesn't mean it worked or is good for them :/

The tank is too small for anything to live a healthy life. Think about it. You could live in a closet. Would you want to?
It's your tank, but this is how stress happens (which causes itch, dropsy, and all other diseases).
Not responsible fishkeeping, a 10 gallon tank is small, cheap, and can most times used ones can be had for free.

1.5 gallon suitable for snails &shrimp only and I would keep those in a bigger tank also.

It's your tank, but this is how stress happens (which causes itch, dropsy, and all other diseases).
Not responsible fishkeeping, a 10 gallon tank is small, cheap, and can most times used ones can be had for free.

1.5 gallon suitable for snails &shrimp only and I would keep those in a bigger tank also.

Agree - I have a feeder snail tank and it's a five gallon (y)

Ghost shrimp could be cool. That's about all I can recommend and even that is pushing it. No matter what you're going to be looking at very frequent water changes.

You will end up fighting a loosing battle in the against the constantly changing parameters. It will end up stressing you out because you will keep getting deaths, it's just not worth it.

Don't do Endlers. If you have $20 Floop, Petco usually does a $1 per gallon sale. So $10 for a 10 gallon, with a small heater would work. An HOB filter would be $25. No too shabby where you have more options for fish, would look cooler, and you could add live plants and watch them grow.

Back
Top Bottom