1 co2 system split to multiple tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goatnad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so im looking at switching from diy co2 to a pressurized system. what im wanting to know is if its possible to have 1 co2 tank and then split it to multiple different sized aquariums. if this is possible how would someone go about doing this?

Yes, it is possible. You would need to get a splitter. The splitter would be situated between the regulator and the needle valve (in this case, you would need another needle valve). There are splitters that can more than two outputs.
So it could be 1 tank, 1 regulator, 1 splitter, and X number of needle valves (and check valves)

so would something like this work?
GLA CO2 Manifold - Dual | Green Leaf Aquariums
it has built in needle valves and check valves. im just looking to split to 2 tanks for now and then i will deal with setting up systems for my other 5 tanks until later.

oh i also meant to ask about the regulator. ive seen alot of people talk about milwaukee regulators so i found this one.

http://www.aquariumplants.com/produ...MIu-3e4PXo2wIVCIbICh3ENA4mEAkYASABEgJYqPD_BwE

is this a good regulator or do you have a better recommendation? price is so much a factor as long as its not $500 for it.

Last edited:
I did it for years using dual needle valves, it's a little touchy when switching tanks but once dialed in it ran fine.

I spent about the same on an AquaTek Premium regulator. Did not want to spend that much (on a GLA brand). Only complaint is the needle valve; very sensitive. 0 to 50 bps with just a nudge. With any setup, always take the time to observe the flow rate after making any changes.

Back
Top Bottom