1-way glass for front of aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7Enigma

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone,

I was sitting and watching my 10-gallon shrimp tank at work and was wondering if there is a product on the market that would allow me to watch the tank without the shrimp seeing me? Basically a 1-way mirror or piece of glass similar to an interrogation room.

The reason is the shrimp freeze what they are doing when they see me near the glass (and probably get stressed out as well) and I'd love to be able to watch them in their natural form.

Thanks,

justin

If you don't mind a little tinting on your side of the tank, you could always go get some mirror auto tint and apply it to the front of the tank. It's just a film you can apply with a squeegee and a little soapy water. You should be able to find some at your local pep boys or auto zone.

Using a mirror with fish isn't a good idea, but I don't know how it would work with shrimp.

If you sit still for a few minutes, the shrimp usually figures out that it's ok and goes back to work. I have a 20L with RCS in it on the bottom of a stand. I like to lie on the floor and watch them pick through the moss.

Back
Top Bottom