10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K

kansaschick08

so with my paycheck i want to "remodle" my tank and i want to do live plants with sand. buttt i don't know what kind of fishies to put in it. crazy i know, so i thought i would come to y'all.

wow, something that is a tad more...colorful than that. i like vibrant colors. not just plain things.

bzbee, are pygmy cories arent your favorite, are they??????? and i have NEVER seen endler's livebearers. golly gee. i want shrip and maybe a snail, to appease JChillin :lol: i just dont know what i want.

You could have a school of Rasbora's, 2 Apple Snails, and 6 or 7 Ghost Shrimp. You could substitute the Rasbora's for Tetra's or Guppies. Ghost shrimp do a pretty good job at keeping the bottom clean, as long as you have enough of them.

oh pretty rasbora's, maybe if i find a place that sells them, i'll get some/well one. is it best to put fishies with a "partner" of the same breed?

kansaschick08 said:
bzbee, are pygmy cories arent your favorite, are they??????? and i have NEVER seen endler's livebearers. golly gee. i want shrip and maybe a snail, to appease JChillin :lol: i just dont know what i want.

You need not appease me KC...snails just add additional life and fun to your tank. :D

Keep in mind that your stocking options are limited due to the size of the tank. The 3" per gal rule applied here makes for some very small sized fish.

IMO, you should buy the rasboras in a group. Just 1 (or 2) will be lonely....plus they look more impressive and behave more naturally in groups of 5+. Maybe 5 rasboras and a snail? (I don't know if they eat snails though).

what was it that lori told me about...i know she said a school of tetra's and a pleco, and something else and i don't know what else, OH a blue german ram. i think that was all, i don't remember.

That sounds good...but one lonely german ram is just too much. Let's see...

2 German Rams
3 Tetras (small variety)
1 Pleco (preferably a bristlenose)

This is a max bio-load...if too high...you will have to drop a Ram.

you mr bill are to smart for me. :wink: she also said something about a danio. here's zactly what she said.

1 Blue german ram
A school of tetras
1 pleco
and some sort of danio.

i think it's time i invest in a 20 gal. wow..i should go thrift store shopping/garage saling..

If you can score a 20 gallon, you could keep a pair of blue rams, a school of small tetras like 6 neons or rummynose or something (or the rasboras if you prefer), and a couple of otos. That would be a beautiful tank! :mrgreen:
My 20 gallon is on the overstocked side with 7 gold pristella tetras, 6 glowlight tetras, 1 small flying fox, 1 gold nugget pleco, and 1 nannacara anomala :oops: but I love that tank, and at least I filter 250 gph in there. The nannacara anomala is a really cool dwarf cichlid that also may interest you. 8)

Back
Top Bottom