10 gal. stockings..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im open to ideas on what kind of fish would look good in a 10 gal. planted tank with 6 neons tetras...out of the question are bettas.....thanks

assorted platys, swordtails, mollies

serpae tetras
silvertip tetras
blood fin tetras
blue fin tetras

6 more neons?
or, a dwarf gourami to induce the neons to school tighter.

platys, swordtails, mollies wouldnt fit in a 10 gal. they need a bigger home. serpae tetras
silvertip tetras
blood fin tetras
blue fin tetras are schooling fish and id have to get 6+ so they dont fit....... 6 more neons wouldnt fit either a dwarf gourami sounds good thought...thanks for the replies

I am a really big fan of single species in a planted tank. If I were to add another species, I would get a dwarf gouramy also.

I think I would just leave the neons as the only fish, except maybe a couple of otos. I'd probably up the school to 8ish as well. You could add a handful of ghost shrimp or cherry reds or maybe even an African Dwarf Frog.

Edgar, I agree with you. If you want to get a centerpiece fish other than a betta, I think you are on the right track with one dwarf gourami, and that would finish out your stocking. There isn't really room in a 10 gallon for another school of tetras, but a DG would look beautiful with your neons. IMO your 10 gallon would be completely stocked at that point, so be sure to keep up on your water changes.

Thanks for all the replies maybe I will go with a dwarf gourami, but since I find it very dificult to find them would I be able to fit another 6 neons??......thanks again

I wouldn't add 6 more...2 more maybe, but not 6. Can you get honey gouramis? One of those would also work...instead of the dwarf. Or just add a couple more neons and call it stocked. :)

I'd definately try and find the Gourami...its a beautiful fish that will really complement your neons. And if it were planted it would be an awesome looking tank.

Within 20 miles of me, there are at least 10 places that carry dwarf gouramis (3 PetSmarts, 4 Jack's Aquariums, 2 Meijers and at least one of the Wal-Marts). If you're in Denver, you really shouldn't have to resort to ordering one -- and with a colorful fish like that, I'm sure you'd be happier picking a specific one out.

There are 3 PetSmarts in Denver:

Store # 0230
Lakewood
303-232-0858

Store # 0231
University Hills
303-756-4199

Store # 1199
Stapleton
303-393-9156

There are also more than 10 PetCos in the Denver area you might want to check.

You may want to look at Shrimp and snails :) They would make for excellent inhabitants too.

I Have a few RCS and 2 Bamboo (also called Asian filter/Singapore flower) shrimp in my 40 gallon, along with 4 mystery snails. Petsmart calls the Bamboo shrimp Marble shrimp, thanks to this forum as they helped me figure more out about them :)

-Pleco

Back
Top Bottom