10 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
either. my black moors are being rehomed to a bigger tank and i would like to still have fish, but want to have the right type/size of fish in my tank this time, so that they are not suffering in a toxic environment

You can't really stock based on fish size alone, you really have to go by the individual fish. Is there any paticular you are interested in? We can make recommendations on what fits best in a 10 gal, but you may want to pick some fish you like first, and then ask if they will work. Of the more common fish you can find just about anywhere, what works is pretty much guppies, platties, betta, dwarf gourami, and neon tetras. So called nano fish are an even better fit, but can be hard to find still in some shops. If you are able to order online, that will open up lots more options for you. Check out fish like boraras brigittae, microrasbora devario, dario dario, sparkling gourami, celestial pearl danios, danio erythromicron, corydoras hasbrosus, corydoras hastatus, corydoras pygmaeus, normans lampeye, hara jerdoni, yunnanilus cruciatus, pygmy sunfish, endlers livebearers, and ember tetras.

something colorful that i can keep a few of...i currently have 2 moors...love that kind of fish. but they need to be rehomed. i like bigger fish, so dont want tiny ones that i can keep 10-15 of. i want maybe 3-4 fish, so if they are a little bigger, that is fine

Pretty much the largest fish you can keep in a 10 gal is a betta or a dwarf gourami, but you can only have one of those in there. Based on what you are looking for, I think guppies or platties would be the best pick. You could have, depending on filtration, about 7 guppies or 5 platties. Stick with all males since they are livebearers. If you want impressive colors, fancy male guppies can definitely give you that. Bigger fish don't have a place in a 10 gal tank.

I would go with a school of small, colorful species like a cardinal tetra or the like. Maybe 8 or so max. Neons are pretty, but so overbred that I have not found them to be very hardy.

I have 5 male platties (2 orange mickey mouses, 2 sunsets, and a orange with black spots) and 5 ghost shrimps in 1 of my 10 gallon tanks. I have 4 red eye tetras and 5 ghost shrimps in my other 10 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom