10 gallon Betta journal (Planted)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I don't really mind if people follow the thread or not, but maybe I can help somebody out.

So one of my ten gallons is my Betta tank. So here goes...

Tank: Standard black 10 gallon fish tank
Substrate: Petco black sand
Lighting: Black Full Spectrum Desk Lamp at Menards
Inhabitants:
Fauna: One male Veintail betta
Flora: Marsilea minuta, Green Cabomba, Ambulia, Rotala Colorata, Anubias Nana, Ludwigia Repens x Arcuata, and two species of mystery plants.

Fertilizers: Basic Macros and Micros, I dose each of them every other day, meaning that I dose one of them on, say, wednesday, then the other the next day, then the one I dosed on wednesday again on friday, and so on and so forth.

Carbon Dioxide injection: None, but I will try to set it up in a few days when my dad can help me out and watch me (He's paranoid with high pressure. We had a bad experience with it a few months ago.).

So I'll just be posting on it's progress, so you can just skim through if you've got nothing better to do, and see on page 64 in a year how far it has progressed from now. Ya gotta admit it's pretty cool reading along.

Thanks for readin'! Hope ya decide to subscribe!

Ok, so I don't really mind if people follow the thread or not, but maybe I can help somebody out.

So one of my ten gallons is my Betta tank. So here goes...

Tank: Standard black 10 gallon fish tank
Substrate: Petco black sand
Lighting: Black Full Spectrum Desk Lamp at Menards
Inhabitants:
Fauna: One male Veintail betta
Flora: Marsilea minuta, Green Cabomba, Ambulia, Rotala Colorata, Anubias Nana, Ludwigia Repens x Arcuata, and two species of mystery plants.

Fertilizers: Basic Macros and Micros, I dose each of them every other day, meaning that I dose one of them on, say, wednesday, then the other the next day, then the one I dosed on wednesday again on friday, and so on and so forth.

Carbon Dioxide injection: None, but I will try to set it up in a few days when my dad can help me out and watch me (He's paranoid with high pressure. We had a bad experience with it a few months ago.).

So I'll just be posting on it's progress, so you can just skim through if you've got nothing better to do, and see on page 64 in a year how far it has progressed from now. Ya gotta admit it's pretty cool reading along.

Thanks for readin'! Hope ya decide to subscribe!

whats the wattage like on that desk lamp? I'm not sure why it's never crossed my mind before for a small planted tank. I think I will most definitely be stealing this.

I've never tried using a desk type light. But it makes perfect since with a smaller, planted tank. A 10 gallon? IMO, is too big for this type of light. But to each his/her own. And are you going to be using a hood? Bettas can be jumpers.

whats the wattage like on that desk lamp? I'm not sure why it's never crossed my mind before for a small planted tank. I think I will most definitely be stealing this.
I've seen several others using this exact same lamp for their planted tank(s). It's 27 watts, and I only have medium light stuff, so it works quite well. But if you have, say, a 5 gallon, I'm sure it could qualify as high lighting. I like it.

I've never tried using a desk type light. But it makes perfect since with a smaller, planted tank. A 10 gallon? IMO, is too big for this type of light. But to each his/her own. And are you going to be using a hood? Bettas can be jumpers.
I understand your confusion, but I am growing lower light stuff. Never high light, and it does cover less area then, say, a strip light, but it's $50+ cheaper ;) .

He's never tried to jump, and I've had him for nearly a year now. If he DOES jump out and die, which IMO is highly unlikely for this doofus, I've got some plans for after that lol.

I've seen several others using this exact same lamp for their planted tank(s). It's 27 watts, and I only have medium light stuff, so it works quite well. But if you have, say, a 5 gallon, I'm sure it could qualify as high lighting. I like it.

I don't have any smaller tanks yet but I'm scheming out how to convince hubby my kids need little tanks in their room. My goals are 10s and 5s. lol

I don't have any smaller tanks yet but I'm scheming out how to convince hubby my kids need little tanks in their room. My goals are 10s and 5s. lol
I noticed you live in New Brunswick, Canada. They have Menards way up there? that's where this light is from.

But if ya can get your hands on it, lemme now how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom