10 gallon build/stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
siva said:
You seriously have 3 threads asking about cichlids in a 10 gal now.

No - cichlids - other - than - shellies.

I agree, first thread has 8 pages of replies. Plenty of good advice given. 2nd thread is the same.

Other than shell dwellers there is no cichlid that can go in a 10 with tankmates.

Zach - maybe that 10 gal should be the QT for your future cichlid tank instead of a display tank. If you can get something even as large as a 29 gal, that would open up some cichlid options for you. ;)

siva said:
Zach - maybe that 10 gal should be the QT for your future cichlid tank instead of a display tank. If you can get something even as large as a 29 gal, that would open up some cichlid options for you. ;)

Or an angel option, for that matter! :)

I've already seen about two threads about this. You're going to get the same answer you've seen quite a bit:

Shell-dwelling cichlids only, and if not shell-dwellers, no cichlids at all.

siva said:
hehe angels are cichlids ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... oops... :) but I don't think zach knew that angels are cichlids.... (but maybe he did...)

Merged 3 threads. Please start only one thread per topic.

Smaller shell dwellers, like multifasciatus, are the only good options for a 10 gallon tank. Since you don't like those, you are out of options for cichlids. Asking the same question over and over will not change the answers you are getting. Some people keep rams or apistos in a 10 gallon. I do not, and wouldn't recommend it.

The bottom line is, 10 gallons is not a lot of space to work with. You can either keep a shell dweller tank, or you can keep a community of SMALL fish.

Back
Top Bottom