10 Gallon Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsgracia

Aquarium Advice Addict
Guess what I got during lunch?!

I got this in my office. Cycling with fish food. I will bring some of my gravel from home on Monday to help along in the cycle. All the betta talk you guys were doing let to this. So I was thinking a male betta and ???? I dont really know what to put with my betta. I'm open to suggestions.

Attachments

• image-306987904.jpg
    image-306987904.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 165
Homedog98 said:
I like orange lasers. On the rare side, but beautiful if you can find them.

Those are nice! How many cories do you think I can put in there.

4 to start I guess, see how you like them, and add two more. They like bigger numbers, but four should be ok.

Ok so I'm back at the office this morning and everything is running and I have no leak so I'm definitely happy about that. The whole weekend I was worried that the tank might leak and I will come to a very wet office.

Last Friday, I put a pinch of flake food in there and this morning tested for ammonia only.

3rd day of fish less cycling

Ammonia <0.25
Nitrite unknown
Nitrate unknown

Put a raw shrimp in there this morning so I don't have to worry about the ammonia source. Also seeded with my old gravel from the 29 at home that was kept wet over the weekend. Hopefully this cycle won't take too long.

Try and get that ammonia up to 4, that way you can add more fish at one time without going through a mini cycle.

I was using the fish flakes at first but decided to just throw a raw shrimp in there yesterday. I will see my ammonia levels at the end of the week and if it doesn't go up to 4 I will put a small pinch of flake food in there along with the shrimp. Thanks.

Here is what it looks like today and also a picture of the shrimp I'm using for cycling. I'm trying to hide it in the back because it's not pretty to look at. LOL

I also noticed white cloudy water today. I'm thinking it's a bacterial bloom. I'm about to run to Petco during my lunch break and get a master kit for my office (currently using my home kit).

Attachments

• image-708188035.jpg
    image-708188035.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 136
  • image-3391013240.jpg
    image-3391013240.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 130
It looks nice! Cloudy water at this stage is definitely bacteria bloom. Definitely get that test kit for the office, but it looks like your on the right track! Keep us posted, good luck!

Hehehe, I'm sure a piece of rotting shrimp isn't very pretty.

Your tank looks awesome! I'm so excited to see how it goes! Come on tank, cycle! CYCLE!

thanks ChelseaLake and Homedog98

Went to Petco during luch break (lost my parking space at the office in result) and the Petco here does not have the master kits and only individual ones...I'm going to have to go to my local Petco to get it and bring it here.

Back
Top Bottom