10 gallon community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm resurrecting an old 10 gallon tank I had when I was a kid. I'm gonna run a new Penguin 100 gph bio-wheel filter in it. I'm thinking of stocking it with 1, 1.5" SAE, 3, 0.5" panda corys, and 2, 2.0" german blue ram cichlids. I already have a 2.0" flame dwarf gourami I could stick in there too but I'm worried that may be too many fish.

Does the above stocking list sound viable for the 10 gallon?

I personally would add the flame dwarf gourami and not the 2 german rams...

I just think for the space, the flame gourami would do better in the 10gal
but thats just my opinion tho =o)

flame gourami

I will probably do just that. I have a bad case of "ramitis" since I went to the lfs today. Maybe I should stay out of there.

Anyway, any other stocking suggestions are welcome. Right now I'm looking at the dwarf gourami, an SAE, and three panda corys.

What about an oto or two. They stay pretty small and it would satisfy my algae-eater fetish.

Well, you will have the SAE and you will end up with 4 bottom dwellers... you might want to consider some middle dwellers

Maybe... *thinks* a golden barb or two? Something that doesn't need to school would be ideal

golden barbs

So golden barbs don't need to school? That is an idea and the lfs has them. They get kinda big though. I could move them to the 29 gallon or the 75 when I get it.

Do other non-schooling fish come to mind?

I have 2 golden barbs in my 75gal community tank, and I was told they don't need to school... they are actually pretty timid fish.. I really like mine.

I believe cherry barbs are the same way.. they don't need to school either

I think a pair of cherrys or golden barbs would look nice with your flame gourami.. I think the golden would look better, personally, since you don't want too much red going on all at once =o)

good for goldens

I agree. I like mixing colors. I'll check the lfs. They have some small ones there.

Yah, they would need a bigger aquarium
" planted aquarium with plenty of free swimming places available will provide a good environment for Melanotaenia praecox. "

and it says they are schooling fish as well

praecox

I kinda thought so. They'd be good for my 75 gallon, when I get it.

Back
Top Bottom