10 gallon crawdad tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
My freind just bought a 10 gallon tank with for a crawdad we caught and was wondering if any tank mates are acceptable like another crawdad.

Crayfish come in a variety of species.. You'll have to be specific and ID it for us. Certain crays only get along with other crays, or prefer to be alone. Let us know and we can help!

It's just a wild crayfish not any perfumes type it has blue claws and a brown body does that help. Also i know its not a rusty crayfish

Even wild types have names. Blue claws.. Brown body.. Sounds like it isn't mature or it is a type I've never heard of.

Post a picture and try to google types for yourself.

The scientific name is cambaridae camburus. It was caught at highline lake in Loma Colorado.

This crayfish should only REALLY be kept with tankmates of his own kind, or agressive fish in a larger tank. Be wary of burrowing habits for a tank with plants.. Also if you just got the tank, make sure you cycle it.

It is a decent size for the tank, so good work there. Just provide him with some caves.

Back
Top Bottom