10 gallon empty tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnthn932

Aquarium Advice Freak
Need some ideas on what to do with it!!! I was thinking maybe a frog or crab but can't decide if i should go that route or stick with fish. HELP:dance:

African dwarf frogs are super cute. They would be fun to have. The crabs that I know of do indeed need land and water (often brackish water), but that is certainly not impossible to do.
If you want to go the fish route, I recommend a male betta, ember tetras, and a couple of nerite snails. There are other options as well, but bettas are beautiful and fairly active in a 10 gallon tank.

Personnaly with a 10 gallon I would get 1 male platty 2 or 3 females, because they are great looking and very hardy. With an african dwarf frog and maybe some kind of shimp maybe bamboo or mandarin. Or you could go with a small school of neons and a german blue ram.
Best of luck with your new tank,
Troy

There are plenty of nano fish that would look lovely in there!
If you want the crab though go for it! Read some of the crab builds on here to give you an idea because they look pretty darn cool!

Personnaly with a 10 gallon I would get 1 male platty 2 or 3 females, because they are great looking and very hardy. With an african dwarf frog and maybe some kind of shimp maybe bamboo or mandarin. Or you could go with a small school of neons and a german blue ram.
Troy
Bamboo shrimp need more space.

Troy

a GBR shouldnt be in a 10

CRAYFISH :D tons of personality and easy to feed ( fresh veggies, shrimp pellets, and w.e lil meat scraps you give them)

Top water fish wouldn't have a problem, like a African butterfly or something of that nature, and yes cover up the whole where the filter is, had a couple escapes by mine.

Top water fish wouldn't have a problem, like a African butterfly or something of that nature, and yes cover up the whole where the filter is, had a couple escapes by mine.
not sure if you were suggesting an african butterfly fish for the OPs tank,but i think tyhey get to big

I was just say saying fish that never leave the surface, not sure how big African butterflys get but they might do alright in a 10. Mosquito fish?

Thanks for all the ideas! I've decided I'm definately going with the riparium. That thing is awesome! Now I have to decide what fish to go in there as I'm going to put a frog and crab in my riparium. Will post pictures and update for anybody that's interested!

Thanks for all the ideas! I've decided I'm definately going with the riparium. That thing is awesome! Now I have to decide what fish to go in there as I'm going to put a frog and crab in my riparium. Will post pictures and update for anybody that's interested!
i wouldnt suggest a crab,most are brackish and all are oppurtunistic predators. a frog may not be a good idea either because most have minor toxins and only eat live food

YAY!!! Can't wait to see it!!!
I vote for a betta...I think it would be very happy in there.
I concur. I know that bettas are very common, but they really are fascinating and fun once you have them out of that blasted little cup that most of them come in.

Back
Top Bottom