10 Gallon Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am starting a 10 gallon tank and I am trying to decide on the filter. It's going to be a lightly planted tank with mainly Red Cherry Shrimp. I originally thought about getting an Aquaclear 30 for this tank but I also like the idea of a small canister filter. I have found the Finnex one, shown here:

http://www.finnex.net/index.php?opti...&Itemid=61

What do you all think of this filter? I know the Aquaclear's have a good name and I like mine but I prefer my canister the most. Thanks in advance.

A canister for a 10g? Why? Seems like it would be more of a hassel to take care of. Aquaclear HOB is so easy to take care of. You can also turn the flow down to low so there is less of a current for the little shrimpies. Also could get the sponge that goes on the intake so it dosent suck up anything.

I would deffinetly go with the aquaclear. But that my 2 cents.

Same here... For a 10 gallon tank a cannister filter seems more hastle than its worth. Id stick with the Aqua Clear.

I just wanted something a little more quite. I can hear all of my aquaclears while I can not hear anything from my canisters. It was just a thought.

Try a marineland slim 20. They are great filters (at least the 10 is) I would however warn you that if the 20 is like the 10 then it vibrates slightly against the tank. Nothing that a piece of foam cant fix. I used cloth and I think its quiet.

If I fill my tank right up to the output of the filter, so there is no slashing, mine is almost silent.

Back
Top Bottom