10 Gallon Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently downgraded from my 30 gallon to a 10 gallon taking the last two living fish in there (2 cories) as the others all have died from old age or disease. The cories are doing great in the 10 gallon, in fact are more active and energetic and love the sand substrate.

My question is what else can I put in there? I want something easy to care for as the cories have been so I was thinking maybe a Betta and a couple snails. The tank has a 20 gallon filter (with bottle baffle to limit current) and heater as well as a sponge filter/bubbler in the corner.

My water quality is good except being in my area of Northeast Ohio it is somewhat on the alkaline side but so far all my fish have adapted to it. The reason teh water looks a bit cloudy is that the sand is quite fine and gets kick up quite easily.

A_4jAPi6leJa-ZKEfBJ_cFl3qTCmJw6tMnlIQ4CS_EpnfvJYb_Ra1qA6gCZcMeJ1gujFQFrRAqw=w1336-h533

I would increase the cory school size to at least 4, they are always happier with more.

Adding a betta would be just fine or possibly a dwarf gourami.

Since you're going to a smaller tank, just be sure to keep up with a weekly partial water change, as smaller tanks require more attention than the bigger ones.

I had a male betta with 4 julii corys in my 10 gallon and they were a wonderful fit, until I upped my corys and moved them to a bigger tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, one cory is a panda and the other I believe is false julii (picture attached) so I think 2 more pandas would be a great fit. Didn't think about the Gourami but think Ill go Betta since I always feel bad for them.

w7SnTRP4grdTh0SPHwKCkY1f-ztDOk-2PSw6cwuKDGkEOukNpzNSWieClEtsO8DR-kfcwJ2t6Bo=w1342-h533

Why would you go from a 30 to a 10 ? you could go to a 50g with a sand substrate and they would be more than happy, and you would have more choice, are you thinking of cost? if so that's fine.........

Space. Don't have the room for big tanks. The 10 fits nicely in a corner I don't use for anything else. Id love a nice huge 100 gallon but just don't have the room.

Back
Top Bottom