10 gallon reformation into frog tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
ive had a ten gallon tank for a couple of months now and its been the same old thing:
30472-albums1079-picture7498.jpg

boring, i know, just a typical ten gallon tank. so today i was sitting around really bored so i thought, "Why not turn that boring ten gallon tank(ATM only has 2 tiger barbs) and turn it into a small frog tank so i just started with a tank and a plan.

i started to drain the water out of the tank when i thought, "the filters going to make a lot of noise from splashing, how can i stop this? so i went into my woods and brought home some rocks and made this:
30472-albums1079-picture7806.jpg

(SORRY FOR BEING SIDEWAYS)
the filter(aquaclear) drops the water on the top rock causing the water to disperse, making less splashing.

so i made that rock formation then added some land for future frogs and came out with this:
30472-albums1079-picture7805.jpg

in my opinion, a really cool looking tank that will have frogs and some minnows(going to move the barbs) so it looks like an ecosystem(with colorful rocks :D )

i just thought the new tank looks WAY cooler than the old boring one.

~joma

ps. any ideas for the tank?

Cool looking tank. Another possible occupant would be red claw crabs (or other species of small mixed aquatic/terrestrial crabs). Also, whatever you put in there, I wonder if it might not make access to that land part on the right easier if you put some sort of long piece of driftwood in there that acted as a sort of ramp. Just a thought.

yeah i was thinking of putting something there for a ramp

The barbs might attack the frog, also frogs can ingest gravel and die from impaction. Not a good mix.

i might switch this tank with a 20 gallon tank(which currently has two gerbils, in a little while will only have one) so then i will have the 20 gallon fish tank and ten gerbil tank. if i do this what should i use a substrate?

i might switch this tank with a 20 gallon tank(which currently has two gerbils, in a little while will only have one) so then i will have the 20 gallon fish tank and ten gerbil tank. if i do this what should i use a substrate?

For a frog, use something like large stones so that the frog can't accidentally eat them. A bare bottom tank is also a good idea for frogs

i want it to look natural so what if i shaped the land and all that with gravel then added sand or dirt overtop to make it look real? they would have a nice effect

I think it would look nicer with gravel or sand. But that is just my opinion and may not be the best for your frog.

You could put a dish in the tank and train the frog to eat food from the dish only. This is a dwarf frog right?

i dont even have this tank set up anymore, it has a gerbil in it, i have the frogs in a 20 gallon long, it looks much nicer and more realistic than this, i just have to post pics.

they are fire bellied toads BTW

Back
Top Bottom