10 gallon rescue mission

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ice Man

Aquarium Advice Freak
About a year ago I upgraded from10 to 25 gallons. 10 gallon tank with all fish and accessories went to my neighbor's 7 yr old daughter. She quickly lost interest. Fort he first 6 months I was performing meitnance every two weeks, but then I could not keep up any more and everything went south. Most fish have died and 3 that survived are not suitable for 10g tank. Luckily, they are moving away and don't want to keep fish any more. They asked me if I want to take it back. Of course I agreed, there is always room for one more tank.
I just picked It up. OMG!!! :-0 Aquarium was only half full, water was brown-green. I was in shock!!! Now fish are in a bucket, while I try to scrub the tank.

Now, my neighbor is talking about buying a dog. I already feel bad for that poor puppy.

oh gosh... :nono: poor dog and fish!

I`m just astounded at how people can just let something live in that waste. What fish were in the tank

tamtam said:
oh gosh... :nono: poor dog and fish!

I`m just astounded at how people can just let something live in that waste. What fish were in the tank

Tiger barb, orange Chinese algae eater and painted glass barb.

Just be glad it wasn't an Oscar, Bala Shark, or something that gets huge.

oh ouch. Are you planning to rehome them all or are you going to try and work with it?

Hi firstly well done for 'rescuing' the poor fishes:fish2: it never ceases to amaze me how people can just neglect a living pet,the mind boggles on how a dog will survive,but dare i say they are more vocal and 'demand' attention unlike fish can - they can be so easy to simply ignore:nono:

All fish had been donated to my lfs. I hope they will find new home quickly.

Back
Top Bottom