Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Heavy planted. Lots of small fish. I prefer quantity over size. The action is more soothing. All the micro fish zooming about in and out of the cover. i's kinda a weird guy in that aspect. I love the tiny fish rather than the larger ones.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Any advice on species to integrate? I've decided on neon tetras for sure, they were the first fish I ever owned besides a school of ****ation mollies that kept the tank stocked. Lmao

Old 08-13-2011, 11:24 PM   #13
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPXnoob View Post
Heavy planted. Lots of small fish. I prefer quantity over size. The action is more soothing. All the micro fish zooming about in and out of the cover. i's kinda a weird guy in that aspect. I love the tiny fish rather than the larger ones.
Thats why I love my ember tetras. they are awesome little guys. They stay pretty small though, so I have to be careful not to get any tankmates who can eat them!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #14
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPXnoob View Post
Any advice on species to integrate? I've decided on neon tetras for sure, they were the first fish I ever owned besides a school of ****ation mollies that kept the tank stocked. Lmao
Sorry, did you mean advuce on the 10 gallon, or the possible future 55 gallon? Oh man, sooooooooo many different kinds could go in a 55 gallon.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

55 Gallon upgrade eh? Good chance to empty out your 10 gallon tank and your wallet all in one stop...Got one myself..Then we need a good filter for a big tank..That Rena Filstar was good..and Need a BIG heater the small one wont cut it..and Hoods and lighting..and humm..Need more fish now the tanks is so big..and that big Tree looking thing to go in the tank and a BIG bubble bar..Gotta have bubbles. need a bigger air pump the little one dosent do good in the 55..and then and then and then!
Dont let it consume you! IT WILL!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have alotted myself up to 500 for the tank. I'm going big on it man. extra lighting for my plants. And the 500 does not include fauna. Only my flora. Any grasses that are south american?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04
Sorry, did you mean advuce on the 10 gallon, or the possible future 55 gallon? Oh man, sooooooooo many different kinds could go in a 55 gallon.
And my question is toward the 10 gallon. I have my plans for the 55 gallon already.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #18
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

My best suggestions would be embers, a few more guppies, dwarf corys, or a small group of neons (although I have heard mixed reviews about neons with bettas). I don't know anything about the crab species though, so I do not know what he is compatible with. I bet he is cool though. I LOVE crabs.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by daileene
guppies could be a problem with your betta because of their flowy tails and their colors, they can be mistaken as another bettas and your betta might attack them for that. just a warning....

if you decided to get more fishes and bring back the guppies, you can get ember tetras or cardinal tetras or neon tetras, or harlequin rasboras.
They said that they were wild type, which are smaller, and I believe have shorter, and clear colored tails. I have some in my ten gallon, and they are as I described.
maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:56 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by user404
55 Gallon upgrade eh? Good chance to empty out your 10 gallon tank and your wallet all in one stop...Got one myself..Then we need a good filter for a big tank..That Rena Filstar was good..and Need a BIG heater the small one wont cut it..and Hoods and lighting..and humm..Need more fish now the tanks is so big..and that big Tree looking thing to go in the tank and a BIG bubble bar..Gotta have bubbles. need a bigger air pump the little one dosent do good in the 55..and then and then and then!
Dont let it consume you! IT WILL!
I agree! I started with a 5 g betta tank now two years later I have 10 g for hermit crabs, 40 g 55 g and now a 75g it's a very addictive and expensive hobby (fish crack) lol!

Tags
10 gallon, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com