10 gallon stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look really cool and I'm thinking about getting either a school of those or neon tetras. Although I've never had much luck with neon tetras.

I've found CPDs to be very hardy. I got mine both at a LFS and ordering online; none DOA even though they came across the country and we're having a rather cold winter here.

I've never had much luck with neons either. If you did the CPDs what else would you have in the tank?

Ok thanks I'd most likely do a jungle of crypts, elodea or hornwort, wisteria, penny wort an anubias with rocks and driftwood.
What do you know about ferts and shrimp. I know they're sensitive to copper. Osmocote has minuscule amounts and I'm not sure if I can keep shrimp because that's the most cost effective method of ferts for me.

I use Osmocote + DIY root tabs in my Shrimp tank. Plus liquid ferts. They are fine. Copper in such a tiny amount is ok.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Suggested tank mates
Otos
A pygmy Cory species
These are my C habrosus. They top out at just over 1"
http://youtu.be/JrLx1mKDObY

Micro Rasbora species
Ember Tetras

I would stick to just two midwater schools or just do
CPDs
shrimp
Cories

You can do 8 CPDs easily in a well planted tank.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice video and such happy cories! I have pygmaeus and they're so much fun to watch.

Have you seen ember tetras or micro rasboras?? They are both really cool and small so you could get more of them so you can really see the schooling behaviors

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For that small of a tank, it would be easiest and most pleasing to put in ten neons or eight guppies or four platies. Platies and guppies like hard high pH water and neons like low pH soft water. Don't mix them.

Sent from my iPod touch
using Aquarium Advice
Rlederer

Back
Top Bottom