10 gallon stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqua-splash

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I hope somebody can help me here!
I'm setting up a 10 gallon tank and this was my stock plan:
Three guppies
Six neon tetras
Two platies
I popped it into aqadvisor and apparently that's overstocked :ermm:
So I'm wondering what I should remove? At first I was thinking I should not do the platies, but I really do like them.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Input?

I would remove the platys. If you like the platys maybe drop the others and do 6 of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I personally would do 8-10 tetra's and drop the others, or get some really nice guppies and do 4 female's and 2 males

Definitely either one of the livebearers or the tetras, not both. Really depends on what you prefer.

I would keep a species tank with all male guppies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would do 5 neon tetras, 5 glowlight tetras, and a few cherry shrimp. That would look nice.

They're not the easiest fish to photograph, small and always moving. Here are a few of mine:

Attachments

206.1 KB · Views: 58
They look really cool and I'm thinking about getting either a school of those or neon tetras. Although I've never had much luck with neon tetras.

I actually have a question on the CPDs they like heavily planted tanks right? I have a 10gal that I'm not sure on what I want to do with it. It's technically my brothers so I have to persuade him with what looks good but yeah I found a place that carries CPDs and was interested in them. I could add shrimp with them right?
Are shrimp ok with Osmocote ferts? I know there is a minuscule amount of copper in there.

They do like plants. Mine isn't what you'd call heavily planted but they have good color and are very active.

Shrimp should be fine, although the CPDs would possibly eat shrimp fry.

They do like plants. Mine isn't what you'd call heavily planted but they have good color and are very active.

Shrimp should be fine, although the CPDs would possibly eat shrimp fry.

Ok thanks I'd most likely do a jungle of crypts, elodea or hornwort, wisteria, penny wort an anubias with rocks and driftwood.
What do you know about ferts and shrimp. I know they're sensitive to copper. Osmocote has minuscule amounts and I'm not sure if I can keep shrimp because that's the most cost effective method of ferts for me.

What do you know about ferts and shrimp. I know they're sensitive to copper. Osmocote has minuscule amounts and I'm not sure if I can keep shrimp because that's the most cost effective method of ferts for me.

Sorry, I don't know. My shrimp tank is very low tech: java fern, moss balls, Brazilian pennywort (floating), willow moss. I do a small dose of Excel every week, doesn't affect the shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom