10 gallon suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_fanatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just set up a ten gallon tank about 1 1/2 weeks ago and is pretty much finished cycling. any one got any suggestions for what to put in it?? I'm thinking some tetras.

All the fish are going to be at least 25% off at big Als for their boxing week blow out. Everything in the store has dropped prices.... Might even get another tank.....if im allowed :D

Why not do a small school of tetras (5-6) and some corydoras (2) as clean up crew. A pleco is not required and as long as you donot overfeed (resist the cute little faces hovering at the water surface begging for food) and do not leave your tank ight s on too long you shouldn't have a algea problem.

i ve been planning to go to Big Als today to get me some gouramis :)
are you going to the one in mississauga?

I should note just because you've had water in the tank for a week does not mean it is cycled, merely that the water is dechlorinated and ready to begin the true cycle. You still need to add fish slowly and check the ammonia and nitrites as you go.

I'm with davoz too, but I offer also as suggestions african dwarf frogs and ghost shrimp to add a more natural 'critter' feel to the entire tank ;)

Not that I know ANYTHING about fish at this point, but our ten gallon right now holds three black fin tetras, four neon tetras, one male guppy, one albino catfish and a chinese algae eater. They all seem to get along fine. We are probably going to add a few tiger barbs next week if the nitrites hit 0 before then.

sorry i haven't replyed earlier but I have been busy with christmas and all, anyway, Yes i did go to the Big Al's in mississauga. Ok in the tank I just put in 2 fancy tail guppies and two ghost shrimp 2 days ago. So far no deaths and things seem to be going fine. I'm going to wait a bit longer before i put anything else in but am wondering what is compatible with the fancy guppies. I dont want anything to be nipping at their fins or is it best to keep it a guppy tank?

thanks

Also for the filter i only got a wisper Rated for 5-15 gallon tanks, is this good enough?? I figured i woulnt need a better one because of the small waste load in the tank and it will have a water change once a week.

I also am needing suggestions for stocking a 10 gal. I'm planning on 3 panda cories (I already have one that recently lost his friend to a vaccuming accident). I was thinking of either tetras or perhaps white clouds. Does anyone have any experience with white clouds?

Okay, after some research, I'm thinking of doing 2 panda cories (I already have one) and 5 white clouds. I really love the balloon mollies, but apparently they can grow larger and I don't want to just have 2 or 3. Any other suggestions? I like the fact that white clouds are easy to care for and are forgiving of temp and ph, but they also don't have much 'personality'. I guess I can live w/ that. I'm used to my 5 inch goldfish, who is moving to a new 40 gal soon..... he has a lot of personality for a fish.

So tiger barbs are fin nippers? The guppy doesn't really have big fins yet, but the two blackfinned tetras do. But I've heard that neon tetras are nippers, too, and they haven't bothered the guppy or the bigger tetras...any ideas (and yes, I know we're pushing our bioload in this tank...this will be the last addition until the 55 gallon is setup).

Back
Top Bottom