10 gallon suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium 308

Aquarium Advice Activist
In next two weeks I was gonna start my 10 gallon. Gonna do live plants. I was thinking of doing sand substrate. Aquarium stats below.

10 gallon
Tertra 50watt heater
tetra internal filter
15 watt t5 bulb.
still have to buy an air pump.

I was thinking 8-10 shrimp
Dwarf guarami (two if it would work)
Several of something else small just not sure yet

Make sure to cycle the tank. I'd look at a betta or 2 female bettas. For other fish you may want to go with 6 harlequine rasboras.

BTW never only keep 2 female bettas. They will fight. You need 3+ female bettas.

Try guppies for your 10G

BTW never only keep 2 female bettas. They will fight. You need 3+ female bettas.

Try guppies for your 10G

Guppies may not be bad but I have just never cared for bettas. Never owned any but whenn u see them in the store hey just dont excite me.

Im getting some guppies soon. The betta's in the store always seem sick.

Try tetras or danios.

Im getting some guppies soon. The betta's in the store always seem sick.

Try tetras or danios.

Ya the more reading I do on here makes me want to try this as breeding tank for something. Never dobe that before. From what ive read shrimo and platys are easy for first time breeders

Guppies are great breeders. Fill the tank with java moss and get 1 male to 2 females, and let em go at it!

You could do guppies with or without a dwarf gourami.
I have 5, hoping to get 1-2 more, in my 10gal with a dwarf gourami.

Dwarfs should be kept to just one as they can get territorial with other males, and even with females if breeding should occur. 1 is a nice centerpiece fish.

Back
Top Bottom