10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends what kind of fish you have in mind. Base it off of their adult size. You can use aqadvisor.com for help.

2 gouramis
1 angelfish
2 mollies
2 African dwarf frogs
1 algae eater
1 feeder goldfish
3 zebra danios

Sorry, that mix will not work. Im sure there are others here in the forum that will provide more information. Just with two gouramis and an angel is already way overstocked.

Everything on that list sadly gets too big for a 10g, except for the frogs and it depends on the type of algae eaters.

2 gouramis
1 angelfish
2 mollies
2 African dwarf frogs
1 algae eater
1 feeder goldfish
3 zebra danios

They are right, your list is sadly incompatible with your tank.

The mollies get far too large for a 10g aquarium.
The gouramis will eventually grow up and have territory issues leading to aggression and death of one of them. Depending on the type then they could also grow too large for the tank.
The angel gets too large for your aquarium
The algae eater is likely a Chinese algae eater which are very aggressive fish when they get a little older and tend to kill other fish or suck out their eyes.
Common feeder goldfish will get larger than the tank you currently have him in. Not to mention they are a cold water fish and their temperature range doesn't match up with the other fish.

you should take them back, if you can (get a refund). Do some research and start over. :) It's a very common mistake, so don't feel bad!

Here are some ideas of stocks you could do:

1. ONE african dwarf frog
2. ONE gourami, and 6 small tetras or a cool snail
3. 3 platy fish (1 male per 2 female or all of one sex)
4. 5-6 guppies (same male/female ratio)
5. 1 male betta and a small tetra school (6) or a cool snail
6. 2 female betta and a snail
7. 3 guppies and some shrimps!

There are lots of ideas! Don't give up. In all honesty I love my 10 gallon the best :) (I have a 5.5, 10, and 29)

There are lots of ideas! Don't give up. In all honesty I love my 10 gallon the best :) (I have a 5.5, 10, and 29)

I agree with all of those except for the 2 female bettas. Two females will usually end up in one of them bullying the other to death.

Hmmm..I better keep an eye on my two girls then. I do notice one is more dominant.

I have a 20g and have

3 african dwarf frogs
8 guppies., (2 male/6 female
6 neon tetras
6 black neon tetras
6 glolight tetras

This is my lot and think that this is the right amount for my tank..

1 frog!?

You should have more than one frog as they are sociable and prefer have others as this is why I have 3

Back
Top Bottom