10 gallon to a 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigfish93

Aquarium Advice Regular
My plan is to start cycling some water in my 10 gallon tank with a fluval 205 filter. The 10 gallon will be empty with some graval at the bottom. While the 10 gallon is cycling I am going to start setting up a 29 gallon tank (building the stand and canopy). When the cycle is complete I am going to get some eco complete and put it in the 29 gallon. Then take the cycled water from the 10 gallon and put it in the 29 gallon. I will also move the fluval 205 filter and hook it up to the 29 gallon tank. I know there will probably be a mini cycle in the 29 gallon but do you think it will be cycle for the most part?

the water doesnt contain the nitrifying bacteria, so there is no need to transfer it... the canister will though, and you may not even see a cycle, but expecting a mini cycle is a good way to think though just in case

Are you going to use the ten? if not why not just cycle the 29 on the floor and use it when you are ready.

Back
Top Bottom