100 gallon stocking???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep a college budget is hard but if you do a large WC weekly, use the filter you have and see if you can find another HOB, and don't overstock you should be fine.

Kerri and Emperor tetra's are in the blue color range but both can be nippy. In a larger tank you tend to have alot less problems with nippiness probably because fish have alot more room and space for themselves.

Speaking of water change.. What do you guys do water wise when adding the new water? I don't want to get 4, 5 gallon jugs of water every week especially since I drive a motorcycle and not much room for 5 gallon jugs.

I use a combination of tap water and RO water in which I have my own unit. In such a big tank (I have a 220g) I use an Aqueon Water Changer which does the work for me but alot depends on your living situation.

Speaking of water change.. What do you guys do water wise when adding the new water? I don't want to get 4, 5 gallon jugs of water every week especially since I drive a motorcycle and not much room for 5 gallon jugs.

My tank is only a 30 gallon, and I was using cleaned out milk jugs to move the water back and forth. Huge pain in the butt! However, I just got a python gravel cleaner. It isn't actually python brand, but its the exact same thing. I used it for the first time today and it was awesome!! I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend one. You hook it up to the sink, turn the sink on, and it will start sucking stuff out of the tank. You can clean the bottom of the tank, suck out the extra water, then flip a switch and fill the tank back up. It is great! No buckets. No mess. Just make sure you put water dechlorinator in the tank BEFORE you fill it back up. I just learned that today.

I would need a 100 ft hose to get to the sink from my aquarium and three little brothers and a dumb dog wouldn't make it all that possible... And due to the fact my tank is so large I have to change around 20 gallons at a time and I think distilled water would be safer to add

Amazon prices are always much cheaper. Can also check Craigslist. Bought a Fluval 405 awhile back for cheap. After buying a Fluval I'd never go back to just HOB. I leave hangs on my 55 and 37 for the hell of it. Thankfully I have a sump on my 150.

Back
Top Bottom