10g Brackish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bad choice.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

+1 but all we can do is give advise it's your tank. LiveAquaria says no less than 30 gallons for bb gobies and the puffer. Good luck is all I can say. Don't come crying back if they have territorial issues and kill each other.

My regards.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I understand that and the risks. But right now that is not what I am asking. How should I aquascape?

Aquascaping would depend on what you're stocking with. Right now your stocking plan needs more room than the tank you have, so I wouldn't plan on your scaping until the stocking is worked out.

If you really want those fish then go buy a tank appropriate for them at least. Or stock according to the tank you have.

Here's what I got now
1 F8 puffer
OR
3 mollies
3-5 bumblebee gobies
I am looking at getting a tetra whisper ex30 so that should be fine for filtration.

I kind of want you to get the puffer because that's what I'm doing with my 10 gallon and we could compare notes.

A figure 8 puffer would be it in a 10 gallon, as their bio load is huge and they're recommended in at least a 15 gallon tank.

For stocking, you could do:

1 figure 8 puffer

OR

4 ghost shrimp
4 bumblebee gobies
6 celebes rainbowfish

OR

1 celebes halfbeak
1 knight goby or purple spot goby
2 sailfin mollies

A freshwater (actually brackish) flounder would be cool, but might be too big for that size of tank

Hope I helped :D

Celebes rainbows are not true brackish only brackish tolerant, I would consider keeping them in brackish water equal to keeping the figure 8 in freshwater.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mollies should be in 30g or larger. Females can get 3-5" and are active swimmers.

One reason for tank size is bioload.
Puffers have major bioloads for their size. They are messy eaters and big poopers.

10g is a very small tank and I prefer to stock with Nano species. Fish that stay around an inch.

Puffers are aggressive and territorial.

I can't imagine most of those stocking choices will work in a 10g.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mollies should be in 30g or larger. Females can get 3-5" and are active swimmers.

Puffers have major bioloads for their size. They are messy eaters and big poopers.

10g is a very small tank and I prefer to stock with Nano species. Fish that stay around an inch.

+1000. Listen to her, she's a genius.

Okay thanks to you everyone that gave me tips. I have decided to try and go with a fowlr tank. A few more options to go with instead of brackish. Thank you everyone who steered me away from fish that wouldn't work in a 10g.

Agree 100% Its just not ethical to cram fish into a place they won't be comfortable.

Fact !!! And probably the only person I've met in a forum that actually had a clue while working retail in this hobby.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Agree 100% Its just not ethical to cram fish into a place they won't be comfortable.

Fact !!! And probably the only person I've met in a forum that actually had a clue while working retail in this hobby.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

You're making me blush. TY.

Glad the OP is continuing to research

Back
Top Bottom